2023 will see Sandoz become a standalone organization! As a global market leader in Generics and Biosimilar medicine, Sandoz is stepping forward from a position of strength! Those joining Sandoz in the coming months will help shape the future of the company, it's growth, innovation, culture and how Sandoz impacts the lives of millions. These will be careers with genuine impact! This is one such role!
Are you ready to make a difference?
Job Summary/Purpose :
Reporting to the Head Legal, Development & Regulatory, this position has responsibility for providing legal advice and services related to all activities of the Development & Regulatory group within the Sandoz Legal Global Functions (GLF) team, in close collaboration with the Biopharma Commercial & Medical, and the Transactions group within the GLF team.
Your Key Responsibilities
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Support the Biopharma and Small Molecules development functions on all relevant legal and contractual aspects, in particular by acting as a direct business partner in activities such as:
• Strategic advice to the Patient Safety/ Pharmacovigilance, the Global Regulatory and the Development Quality teams regarding establishment and maintenance of appropriate inter-company agreements meeting respective legal and regulatory requirements in these areas, (including data privacy aspects in close collaboration with the Data Privacy team), as well as drafting and maintaining adequate templates;
• Day-to-day proactive operational legal advice for all types of legal issues relating to the areas of Patient Safety, Development Quality and Medical Devices;
• Day-to-day proactive operational and strategic legal advice for all types of legal issues relating to other development activities of the Company, including clinical, technical development and supply activities for development purposes;
• In collaboration with the respective functions, advise and determine appropriate actions regarding compliance aspects, including anti-trust and regulatory;
• Proactively train business partners and other functions to enhance the level of knowledge regarding critical legal areas with a potential impact on business operations;
• Negotiating and drafting complex agreements, such as (co-)development and other significant commercial agreements relating to the assigned projects, in close collaboration with the relevant business partner;
• Liaise with external law firms and manage outsourced matters including costs.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Law school graduate & Bar member or eligibility
• Fluency in English essential
• Min. of 5-7 years post Bar experience required: ideally gained within a healthcare / pharmaceutical environment, or alternatively, with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare clients
• Documented success in drafting international contracts
• Ability to analyze complex legal issues, and translate them to non-lawyers
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability and openness to learn and grow
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2021 and while we're proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could achieve here at Sandoz!
Join our Sandoz Network : If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Sandoz and our career opportunities, join the Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/sandoztalentpool