Thales Austria is a full system provider and global supplier of train control technology and traffic management systems (f. ex. European Train Control System (ETCS), Electronic interlockings, Operation Control Centers and dispatching systems, Field elements).
In this role, you will be part of the project team for the development of our Railway Operating Management System.
- Participation in the analysis of the contractual requirements (requirement engineering)
- Elicitation and consolidation of the customer requirements within the team in the agile/classic environment
- Organization and moderation of the requirement specification reviews with product stakeholder
- Documentation of the requirements in a structured, shareable and manageable way, tracking requirements status
- Creation of the traceability matrix of the fulfillment of requirements
- Tailoring and implementation of the Best-Practice in-house Requirement Management System for the product “Operational Management Center” (domestic Austrian market)
- Completed technical education (HTL, FH or TU), preferably in Information Technology, Engineering or related technical field
- Working experience within software technologies (f. ex. as a SW tester, developer or similar)
- Ideally working experience as Requirements Engineer, Requirements Manager or Business Analyst
- Ideally you have experience with agile methods and you are already certified (e.g. IREB)
- Outstanding analytical and observation skills, combined with a structured, accurate way of working
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and German (B2 minimum)
- Challenging, innovative, long-term projects in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
- The legal minimum remuneration for this position is 35.784 g.p.a (IT KV). Actual compensation is based on experience and qualification. A significant overpayment is expected and common practice.
Who we are
Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation. With 83,000 employees in 68 countries we create tomorrow’s key technologies today.
In the railway area, Thales experts architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. 72,000 kms of route and 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems.
As part of a global technology leader, Thales in Austria delivers key technologies in rail transportation, air traffic, digital identity & security and defence missions tailored to local needs with 400 people based in Vienna. With its unique combination of technology leadership, creativity and employee engagement, Thales in Austria has a key role to play in the digital transformation of its customers.
Whatever your role will be at Thales, your work will make a difference.
Thales Austria is committed to equality and diversity.
In particular female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Especially we appreciate applications from people with disability!