Do you love creating a fantastic user experience? Do you love building and creating a product that people love to interact with? Do you deeply care about making the Web a more accessible place? Does semantic HTML mean something to you? Then we should definitely talk!
We are currently looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer with a focus on semantic HTML and modern, maintainable CSS who will support us in keeping our Hotel Search accessible.
As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll work closely with our Designers and Product Managers to identify the right product to build and you will produce the ideal HTML and CSS for the feature. You will work with our React and TypeScript based Tech Stack, leveraging Tailwind CSS and CSS Modules.
What you’ll do:
- Create an amazing experience for millions of users.
- Create visual components and implement complex layouts and features from a visual perspective.
- Transform a design into React components, isolating functionality to manage complexity and enable reusability.
- Take part in the entire product development cycle in cross-functional initiative teams.
- Support discovering and defining product improvements through your engagement in ideation.
- Spread your knowledge about semantic HTML and CSS to our Frontend Engineers.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
- Be an ambassador for consistency, usability and accessibility of our product’s interface.
- Stay up to date with current frameworks, tools, techniques and libraries.
- Optimize our code for various browsers and connection speeds.
Our Technology Stack:
- Tailwind CSS
- CSS Modules
What you’ll need:
- To be a team player and enjoy working with people.
- A desire to constantly learn and improve — we will support by providing external and internal training.
- To be an advocate for a great user experience.
- A passion for details.
- An interest in design systems, interface design and user experience design.
What we’d love you to have:
- A good understanding of how CSS works.
- An intrinsic motivation to build accessible applications using semantic HTML.
- Prior experience in working with React and the React Hooks API.
- A desire to build easy to use components.
- Interest in working with our tech stack.
This job is not for you, if:
- You think HTML and CSS are easy (they are not).
- You’re not comfortable with working with Git and related tools.
- You don’t want to work with React, JSX and TypeScript.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!