Danube University Krems is Europe's leading university for continuing education. As the only public university for continuing education in the German-speaking area, it specialises in upskilling programmes for working persons and, in teaching and research, is engaged in tackling current and future social challenges. Currently around 8,000 students from more than 90 countries are enrolled in Master's studies and brief programmes.
To strengthen our team at the Faculty of Health and Medicine/Department of Health Sciences, Medicine and Research we are looking for an PhD student (m/f) Regenerative Medicine (30 hours/week).
- Laboratory activities of the essential technologies from cell biology (Western Blot, PCR, Histochemistry, ELISA)
- Conduction of experiments within the project “hypACT next”
- Publishing research results in international, peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Participating national and international meetings
- Enrollment at the PhD Program “Regenerative Medicine” at the Danube University Krems
- Master's or diploma degree in biology, biochemistry, tissue engineering
- Expertise in cartilage biology
- Profound knowledge of molecularbiological methods especially cell culture, histology, PCR, ELISA and microscopy (confocal) is required
- Fluently in English
- Willingness to present data on international conferences
- Part-time position (30 hours per week - flexible working hours) for a periode of 3 years and a minimum gross monthly salary of EUR 2.876,99 on a full-time basis (job group W3/1 of the Work and Remuneration Regulation)
- An innovative and modern working environment at Campus Krems
- Excellent opportunities of continuing education with the University's own programmes, a comprehensive offer of health promotion and Campus Sport; the University's own child care facility "Campus Kids"
- Good transportation options – Campus shuttle bus from and to the railway station
Persons with disabilities who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply for this position.
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing online application by 16.02.2020.