Light for the World is an international disability and development organisation whose vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. We enable crucial eye health services and help empower people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world.
Our programmes include:
- Eyesight – preventing blindness and promoting eye health for all
- Education – ensuring children with disabilities receive quality, inclusive education
- Empowerment – advocating for the health and rights of people with disabilities in their societies and within development efforts
We focus on the poorest and hardest to reach because that’s where we will have the biggest impact. We create change through local people, organisations and structures because we want our impact to last.
To strengthen our highly committed and passionate team we are looking for a
Head of Finance (m/f)
based in Vienna
You direct the organisation's general finances and programme finances and oversee all activities related to planning & budgeting, accounting, reporting, and operative and strategic controlling across Europe and Africa.
In this position you work closely with the International Management Team, the CEO and the national management and actively contribute to the strategic development of the organisation.
You are responsible for the annual financial statements from seven international associations and the consolidated internal reporting.
Acting as a consultant for our international colleagues by guiding them in all financial matters as well as taking responsibility for liquidity management, optimizing financial processes, further development of a sound internal control system and a respective budget responsibility are additional key tasks in this role.
As the Head of Finance you lead, guide and coach team members in Vienna and other offices of Light for the World in Europe and Africa.
- You have a diploma in business administration and bring at least five years of relevant work experience in an international context in a senior level finance position. Your high sense of responsibility, your hands-on mentality as well as your structured, accurate and independent style of working help you achieve your objectives.
- Enforcing your ideas and collaborating in international and diverse structures is a common way of working for you. Your participatory leadership style motivates the team and drives them to excellent performance. Leading and collaboration is as important to you as improving your financial skills.
- You bring MS Office user skills, specifically in Excel, excellent analytical skills as well as project management experience.
- You know your strengths and areas of improvement and are committed to personal development. You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German.
- You have a high commitment to Light for the World’s mandate and values, working towards the inclusion of persons with disabilities and you have a personal interest in international development and human rights. You demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation with strong expertise and a growing profile. We are committed to giving our colleagues space to explore new directions, test new ideas and to excel as individuals through and with their team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing and put emphasis on our culture of learning.
The location of employment is Vienna; some international travel will be required. For this position an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 55.000,-commensurate with qualifications and experience is foreseen.
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than February 10th 2019. Please apply exclusively online via our application tool. A complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please also refer to the salary information and let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Light for the World International
Maria Ekl-Jürgens, Niederhofstraße 26, A-1120 Vienna, Austria.