Danube University Krems is Europe's leading university for continuing education. As the only public university for continuing education in the German-speaking area it specialises in upskilling programmes for working persons and, in teaching and research, is engaged in tackling current and future social challenges. Currently around 8,000 students from more than 90 countries are enrolled in Master's studies and brief programmes offered parallel to employment.
Danube University Krems (Faculty of Business and Globalization/Department for Migration and Globalization) invites applications for the position as Assistant Professor (tenure-track) in Quantitative Migration and Globalization Research, fulltime, 38,5 hours/week.
General job description and profile:
The tasks of the successful candidate will be laid down in the qualification agreement (‘Qualifizierungsvereinbarung’) to be concluded in agreement with the review board for this position, and will refer to research, teaching, management and cooperation, as well as to progress in these areas. The objective of the Assistant Professorship is to develop a distinct personal research profile by means of a professorial thesis or equivalent qualification in order to meet the requirements for an Associate Professorship within six years.
Applicants are expected to hold a PhD degree (in any social scientific discipline) plus a minimum of two (2) years of postdoctoral research experience at a university or research institution in the area of "Migration Studies". Applicants have already demonstrated the potential to publish in reputable international journals.
The following selection criteria must be met:
- Excellence in interdisciplinary and comparative research in the areas of international migration and globalization
- Strong publication record in the above fields (proven by a complete list of publications and submission of the doctoral thesis cum thesis assessment)
- Internationality of research (proven e.g. by research visits at foreign research institutions; presentation and publication activities in English and/or collaboration in international research groups)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the application of quantitative research methods
- Experience in raising third-party funding at national and/or international level
Evidence of the following scientific expertise is desirable:
- Experience in teaching at graduate and/or postgraduate level in areas relating to migration
- Engagement in the national and international scientific community
- Experience in developing and setting up collaborative research projects with national and international partners from science, public administration and the private sector
Perspectives for the future holder of the position:
Danube University Krems will support the successful applicant during the qualification period of six (6) years according to the available opportunities and resources for him/her to achieve the associate professorship. Accordingly, the position as Assistant Professor is limited to a maximum period of six (6) years. After successful completion of the requirements of the qualification agreement the position will be turned into a tenured Associate Professorship.
This Assistant Professorship will be remunerated with a monthly gross salary of EUR 3,300 (on a 38.5 hours/week basis). We are willing to pay a higher salary according to qualifications and experience.
We are looking forward to receiving applications from persons with disabilities who possess the required qualifications.
Danube University Krems sees a high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and has declared diversity to be a leading principle. At the same time Danube University Krems seeks to increase the percentage of female employees and expressly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In the case of equal qualifications women will be given priority.
Information about the application process:
In addition to standard application documents (motivational letter, CV, degree certificates) the application should include:
- Presentation of research and teaching experience (incl. teaching evaluations, if available)
- Research and teaching statements and proposals
- Two letters of recommendation
- Concept for knowledge transfer and science management
We are looking forward to receiving your application at the Human Resources department of Danube University Krems (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 02 December 2019.