Are you an experienced UI designer with exquisite taste for building user centric products? Do you want to evolve a product that is used by millions of people worldwide?
We’re looking for a senior UI Designer with exceptional UI skills and experience. We need you to motivate and inspire our team and work on producing amazing visual experiences across our products, whilst guiding our Design team on UI best practices and standards. You’ll be immediately helping our team shape and roll-out a new Visual Language. This is a hands-on role where you’ll work with a team of designers, researchers, engineers and product managers to improve the experience of products.
You’ll design for cross-channel user journeys, and contribute to evolve the user experience of trivago’s hotel search product. If you’re looking for a highly impactful position in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same, read on.
Please note: Applications without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the UI and interaction design decisions in a cross-functional team.
- Ensure experience, usability, consistency, and continuity across our products.
- Be the ambassador of our design system by developing, evolving, and growing it.
- Educate and train stakeholders and team peers on how to leverage our design system and create impactful interfaces.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible formats such as UI Designs, sketches, prototypes and wireframes that excite stakeholders and peers.
- Make use of user research and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Iterate, see users fail to understand your concepts, and learn from it.
- Participate and deliver on the day to day production of design solutions.
- Keep a strong connection to your design peers and be an integral part of the multi-disciplinary design community.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ experience in Digital Product Design or any relevant User Interface Design field.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in Visual Design, HCI, Digital Design or gained relevant work experience in the design field.
- You are an extremely strong designer with a keen sensitivity to typography, composition and flow, as well as experience working with design systems and patterns.
- A portfolio demonstrating your work and capability to inspire others.
- Sharp, up-to-date UI skills and experience using, developing and evolving Design Systems.
- Experience designing for Web, Android and iOS
- A strong visual design background with a deep knowledge of Google Material Guidelines and Apple Human Interface Guidelines.
- UX knowledge and experience (Information Architecture, Usability, Prototyping, Design process, etc).
- You’re well-versed in all the tools of the UI trade. Expert knowledge of Sketch, and every relevant design tool.
What we’d love you to have:
- Worked in-house, for a company with great visual culture.
- Basic UI motion knowledge.
- Basic CSS/HTML knowledge to simplify communication with engineers.
- To be able to design autonomously in a responsive, fluid environment and have experience working in agile and fast paced surroundings.
- A mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas and a high interest solving complex challenges.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!