We’re looking for a versatile Java Engineer who is passionate about their craft and has the drive to push technology and business forward!
Java plays a key role in our business as our powerful search platform is powered by Java, including the essential parts of our back-end. Most of our code is using Java v11 and in production we apply modern techniques like reactive programming. Every user request is served by our Java stack with multiple data centres worldwide. We develop in microservices with gRPC communication and Kafka as messaging system, all set up in a cloud environment.
If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice ─ apply now if you think you’d be a great fit!
What you’ll do:
- Create an amazing experience for millions of users.
- Contribute to key architecture decisions affecting multiple teams.
- Build innovative features while writing clean, composable and testable code.
- Be creative, challenge yourself and spread the word: contribute with your own improvement ideas from many different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, data processing, data storage, distributed computing, large-scale system design and many more.
- Take ownership and help us to stay one step ahead: you’ll be encouraged to challenge our current processes and consider what we can do differently while always keeping business priorities and value creation in mind.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
Our Technology Stack:
What you’ll need:
- 5-10 years experience in programming in Java.
- A good understanding of the internals of the JVM.
- Hands-on experience in programming in Kotlin.
- Experience with Concurrency.
- Experience in designing and building distributed and scalable systems and to enjoy seeing millions of users running your code.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture, data structures and design patterns.
- Feeling of ownership for the software that you create: ”you build it, you run it”.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work closely with other team members.
- A passion for improving your technical skills and staying updated about advancements within the industry.
- An inquisitive, analytical mind and the capability to draw valuable insights from raw data.
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mindset to drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- A good enough level of English (our company language) to be comfortable speaking it daily.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with another programming language and/or technologies of our tech stack.
- Previous experience with cloud environments and data storage technologies.
- Knowledge of test automation, CI/CD.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!