At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, communicative, and motivated Lab Head to successfully lead a large team of scientist and lab technicians. In this role you will be responsible for process, formulation and drug product process development of live viral products.
We are looking forward to your application!
Please include a cover letter within your application.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you are responsible for process (USP&DSP), formulation and drug product process development of live viral products. You are leading a large team of scientist and lab technicians.
- You manage and supervise all necessary work packages with internal and external development partners and ensure delivery according to project objectives, timelines and cost.
- With your scientific expertise, you develop innovative technologies for therapeutic virus manufacturing and implement continuously new state of the art techniques including strategic investments to win in a competitive business environment.
- You ensure delivery of high-quality data, presentations and reports including required documentation for regulatory filings.
- You are cooperating effectively with all interfaces, the research and development organization and medicine.
- Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD) in Virology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent with focus on therapeutic viruses
- Several years of working with viruses, ideally in the field of oncolytic viruses, cancer vaccines and/or gene therapy
- Profound knowledge in pharmaceutical development of viruses and biologicals
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence without direct authority in multi-disciplinary teams and/or in cooperation with external development partner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability to respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple tasks and ability to identify problems and work towards solutions
- Excellent oral communication skills as well as sound technical writing and documentation competencies in English
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: 49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.