40! Number of countries with a permanent Procurement presence.
In the role of Senior Country Procurement Manager Indirect Procurement TechOps Austria (m/f/d) you are responsible for leading Construction, Production Equipment, Facility Management, Utilities, Laboratory Equipment and Analytical Services procurement categories and serves as the key procurement contact to manufacturing sites in Austria. The role is accountable for implementing the global Procurement strategic goals on country level for their area of responsibility and successfully managing relevant KPIs in regards to productivity, compliance metrics, processes, customer satisfaction and (if applicable) people development. Implement Master vendor concepts to deliver value and reduce procurement touch. The role is also accountable for successfully managing and developing relationships driving value for their business with stakeholders in their area of responsibility, and with key suppliers on in their area of responsibility to increase value for Novartis, as well as (where applicable) managing and leading the team of Country Procurement Managers, (Sr.) Buyers and develops procurement capabilities as well as key talents
Your key responsibilities:
• Accountable productivity/cost efficiency targets in their area of responsibility and for key compliance metrics such as PO-compliance, process compliance in their area of responsibility. Support centrally led processes (e.g. NFCM, TPRM).
• Successful implementation of global, regional and country projects across categories & functions, ensure key stakeholder alignment and customer satisfaction.
• Manage quality of the country end-to-end Procurement process incl. compliance to policies, strategies and processes. Support seamless integration of capability centres into the end-to-end process.
• Serve as key contact for stakeholders in the in their area of responsibility. Build effective relationships of mutual trust and understanding.
• Understand business priorities and ensure Procurement activities effectively support business strategies.
• Transmit relevant business insights to their local teams, global/regional Category Management as well to sourcing managers and buyers.
• Executing the Source-to-Contract process including respective strategies, approaches and methods: Preparing and conducting fact-based negotiations. Adapting tactics from a broad portfolio of negotiation strategies to achieve results that support business and Procurement objectives.
• Ensure effective local implementation of global supplier strategies (e.g. implementation of strategic suppliers, contracting principles, execution of global/regional contracts) and manage local supplier landscape in their area of responsibility in line with business strategies & global Procurement goals and strategies (e.g. payment terms, manage tail spend, local supplier management process).
• Lead their direct team and act as a role model of the Novartis Values & Behaviours and is responsible for their development.
• Ensure effective communication between the different Procurement functions, such as Operations, Capability centres, global/regional category management, compliance.
Possible job locations: Austria
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University/Advanced degree is required.Master's Degree/other advanced degree in the engineering, business administration or economics is preferred.
• Additional qualifications (CIPS, Project Management, etc.) or similar professional qualifications preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of procurement experience in large multinational organization.
• 1-3 years of experience in managing people and team in an international environment.
• Experience in change management and leading through change.
• Ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders.
• Proven track record of successful supplier negotiation and management.
• Proven track record of delivering the saving target and bringing value add through procurement processes. Strong project management or other leadership experience.
• Excellent spoken and written English. Other foreign languages as required.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
For Austria: In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is € 66.526/year (on a full time basis). The actual salary will be significantly higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network