NIBR Biologics Center (NBC) is responsible to create new Biologics entities ranging from monoclonal antibodies to AAV molecules, and to ensure their fitness to requirements that a drug must fulfill.
To support our novel SiRNA conjugate Biologics pipeline, we are looking for a talented scientist to join the Characterization, Formulation and Bioinformatics (CFB) unit in Basel. You have hands-on technical laboratory experience and have the desire to work in a highly technical role within a dynamic and flexible team working environment? In this role, you will be supporting the set-up of state-of-the-art analytical solutions, including HPLC/UPLCs, capillary gel electrophoresis, mass spectrometry and various biophysical techniques, and use them for internal projects.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Independent performance of physico-chemical characterization using state-of-the-art analytical equipment, incl. HPLCs, Capillary gel electrophoresis, Mass spectrometry and various biophysical techniques
• Support (Research scientist level) or lead (Senior Scientist level) establishment of novel analytical methodologies
• Processing of data, result interpretation and preparation of summary documents and reports.
• Presentation of own and team's results in NBC project teams (Senior Scientist level)
• Coordination of activities within the team and act as subject matter expert (Senior Scientist level)
• Ability to support several projects in parallel and management of timelines
• Scheduling and performance of routine maintenance of lab instruments/equipment and organization of the general lab infrastructure (e.g., consumable orders)
• Learning on the job, independent literature search and elaboration/ implementation of new concepts
• Writing and updating of lab procedures, reports and/or instructions /SOP's
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• BSc/MSc (Research scientist level), Master's degree (Senior scientist level) or equivalent education in Chemistry, Analytical chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline
• Practical experience in chromatography, capillary gel electrophoresis and/or mass spectrometry.
• Solid theoretical knowledge of protein chemistry and analytical methods for characterization of proteins. Working experience in the field of protein conjugates and RNA is of advantage.
• Experience in the fields of analytical method development and stability assessments is of advantage.
• Diligent and accurate working style, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
• Capability to perform and interact with a global multi-disciplinary team.
• Curious to learn and develop into new scientific areas.
• Good knowledge of laboratory, technical & computational tools.
• Proficiency in English (oral and written), German of advantage
769 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of new technologies. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
* Final job title (Research Scientist in Band 7 or Senior Scientist in Band 6) and associated responsibilities will be commensurate with the successful candidates' level of expertise.
** Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network