At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and motivated project coordinator to join the Therapeutic Virus Development 2 (TVD2) lab. In this role you will help us developing safe and reliable viral therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Together with an interdisciplinary team, you will develop state of the art and robust CMC processes for new virus modalities. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
This position is limited for two years.
Please include a cover letter within your application.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a Project Coordinator, you work on the development and optimization of innovative manufacturing processes for new virus modalities in pre & early clinical stages.
- You support project team members in independent planning, coordination and evaluation of work packages, with a main focus on drug substance and drug product processes. These include supporting regulatory submissions and interactions as well as process scale-up and transfer activities.
- Additional support in analytical activities is expected as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Moreover, you are accountable for efficient and successful interactions with internal and external (CROs) partners.
- You deliver development work packages, e.g. process optimization, characterization, or troubleshooting, with the support of technical assistants.
- Planning, data evaluation and its presentation is also part of your daily work.
- Other laboratory responsibilities include the training of technicians and Junior Project Coordinators and general support in laboratory activities, e.g. organization.
- Master's degree in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or equivalent; alternatively, a bachelor's degree or vocational training with several years of experience in the field of process development/clinical manufacturing
- Experience in process development of NBEs or Viruses, e.g. cell culture, filtration, chromatography, as well as in the analytical methods required for process monitoring and/or troubleshooting
- Project related work, interactions with CROs, and previous experience in analytics is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work proactively, with a hands-on approach, with viruses (BSL2) in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team player with good communication skills willing to work in an interdisciplinary and dynamic environment where personal engagement and empowerment combined with accountability is highly supported
- Organization skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: 49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.