At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
As LIMS (Lab Information Management System) Deployment Lead, within Quality Control Services, you will focus on the deployment of a new LIMS system in accordance with the Boehringer Ingelheim policies, in cooperation with the program teams on site in Biberach. In doing so, you develop and promote a goal-oriented, proactive, open, trusting working environment, characterized by continuous striving for improvement.
Discover our site Biberach: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role you are accountable to deliver deployment for local (Biberach Site) customers in agreed time, cost, and quality in collaboration with local, divisional (Bio Business Unit) and global (BI Global Business Services) implementation teams
- You drive local implementation scope & planning in context of global and local programs and maintain deployment status visibility in areas of responsibility.
- In addition, you conduct deployment governance via scheduled governance reviews and stakeholder engagement.
- You take accountability for the performance and results of the deployment team and set priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Furthermore, you perform status assessments and provide recommendations to support program executive decision making.
- Enable smooth transition from legacy systems to new systems landscape including proper decommissioning of legacy systems
- Ensure that changes to the LIMS environment are delivered in line with the business and regulatory standards in terms of development, testing and deployment
- Master's degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field (alternatively Master's degree in life sciences with strong exposure to software engineering and/or and lab automation) with several years of experience in deployment of Labware LIMS or comparable software packages
- Long standing experience in supporting a complex software landscape (e.g. LIMS) with architecture, design, and deployment experience of major release/project roll-out
- Know-how in quality processes and lab automation would be a plus
- Proven track record in project management ideally with focus on global IT Software projects in a matrix organization
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize personnel and team workloads in a highly complex and agile project environment
- Fluent in English and German with excellent oral and written communication skills with a high level of professional confidence
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: 49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.