Help trivago build a best of breed search engine backend for our core product as Product Manager in our Search domain – a cross-functional team of Java engineers, data analysts and data scientists.
In the Search domain, we design, build and maintain the services and algorithms that process all trivago data at scale, in order to discover and deliver the most relevant recommendations to our users for their next getaway trip. We build recommendation mechanisms and core to our mission is to enable other teams to bring their features live to our users, while securing the health of our systems.
This position covers the Search Core services, where accommodations’ price and data is processed in order to build the results list shown to our end users. As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for the prioritization and successful delivery of Search core’s quarterly initiatives, through constant cooperation with backend Java engineers, IO Engineers, data scientists, data analysts and QA Engineers.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate and prioritize technical problems from a wide range of stakeholders, including Interface domains for the core product, MPAT, and Marketing. This means understanding your stakeholder’s problems, how they fit into the business context, and the challenges that they set.
- Consult with the engineers and data talents on technical solutions.
- Build test plans and manage the production implementation for successful tests.
- Breakdown complex and cross-functional technical projects into well-sequenced deliverables.
- Analyze the effect of technical changes on the infrastructure and the business.
- Facilitate stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint review meetings and team retrospectives that enable your team to be successful.
- Be the point of contact for all stakeholders requests. You will prioritise what needs to be communicated to the team in order to keep them focused on the right topics.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Experience dealing with diverse stakeholders with a service mindset: You will consult other teams in order to enable their success.
- Communication skills: The ability to translate technical implementations into goals and deliverables that are understood by a diverse audience.
- Strategic thinking: You place the right bets based on your understanding of our business and technology.
- Pro-active attitude: You find, evaluate and select relevant problems to solve.
- Great leadership skills: You need to know what it is that you want to achieve, to inspire others to follow your vision and to have the drive to push your ideas through to execution.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with backend systems.
- Track record of building backend features with business impact.
- Basic knowledge of engineering practices.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!