About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated recent PhD in Chemical and Analytical Development (CHAD) enrolled in our dynamic Early Talent Program (ETP) to support and expand the development of mixed modalities across the organization.
This program is designed to offer young talents unique insights into various areas of drug development. This year we provide the opportunity to collect first experience of applied analytical sciences in the pharmaceutical industry. Rotations various analytical labs in CHAD/TRD Basel (e.g. analytical labs supporting route and process development, QC labs, in-process labs supporting pilot plant manufacturing, analytical labs Drug substance, characterisation and analysis of new modalities) will provide a comprehensive overview on drug development within Novartis. During these rotations, you will be exposed to current standards in safety, quality, training systems and good manufacturing practice (GMP). You will not only be able to transfer your theoretical know-how into practice, but also to develop your soft skills and grow your internal network for your future career in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Preferred start date / March 2024
Latest start date / April 2024
Duration: 24 months
• Evaluate and implement state-of-the-art analytical technology to support innovation as well as processes and products quality improvement
• Design, plan, perform, interpret, report and communicate results of analytical experiments related to the API (small molecules, conjugates, peptides, oligonucleotides) control strategy
• Support analytical development activities on innovative projects.
• Support analytical transfer activities, write regulatory relevant document and interact with Quality Assurance
• Participate in scientific exchange groups within Novartis and external world as well as maintain excellent collaborations with our customers.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• A completed PhD in analytical chemistry or related discipline.
• Fluency in English
• Strong analytical, chemical and/or engineering knowledge required
• An excellent track record of original research and extensive experience of analytical sciences using "state of the art" technologies (e.g. HRMS, separation sciences, NMR, and/or lab automation tools etc...).
• Advanced knowledge in analytical method development or characterisation analysis (e.g. non-targeted or targeted screening etc...).
• Good knowledge of software and computer tools (e.g. MS Office), and relevant analytical software (e.g. Chromatography and MS software, MS data processing, deconvolution).
• Ready to expand own knowledge, open minded with an international outlook.
• Finally, since all work takes place in multidisciplinary project teams, track record on strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
• additional German proficiency is a plus
• additional knowledge in pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical/ sciences is an asset.
Why Novartis: Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and accommodation
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all
individuals. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to receive more detailed
information about the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your
contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Why Novartis: Helping people with disease and their families takes more than innovative science. It takes a community of smart, passionate people like you. Collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other. Combining to achieve breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Ready to create a brighter future together? https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Join our Novartis Network: Not the right Novartis role for you? Sign up to our talent community to stay connected and learn about suitable career opportunities as soon as they come up: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network