At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Research Beyond Borders (RBB) is the Company's 'radar' for the next big wave of innovation, the RBB team is tasked with exploring emerging science and technologies. We take an agnostic approach to therapeutic area and modality, which allows us to explore new and disruptive ideas and technologies across the entire research spectrum.
You are looking for a new professional challenge - we offer you this interesting position in a global company that has been awarded "best employer" several times!
Take the chance and join our team in Biberach! We want to create value through innovation with you and work on cutting edge science for AAV gene therapies!
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com
This position is limited for two years.
Note: To make it easier to find our job advertisements, we use the usual designation "Post Doc". Of course, this advertisement is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate, but to all qualified candidates.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your exciting new role, you evaluate and develop multiple next-generation technologies enabling the targeting and specific expression of AAV gene therapies in the liver.
- You are responsible for the validation of new therapeutic targets, vector development, biodistribution studies and profiling of novel targeting technologies.
- In this project, you closely interact with Research Beyond Borders project leaders, scientists and colleagues from different groups and areas. In addition, you corporate with leading academic groups as well as external partners worldwide.
- You are part of the Boehringer Ingelheim global postdoctoral community and present your work at the Boehringer Ingelheim Postdoc days.
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or a related discipline
- Profound knowledge of molecular and cell biology techniques
- Experience in working with AAV vectors. Knowledge of vector development a plus
- Background in liver biology. In vivo experience is a plus
- Good team player with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international team of scientists
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: 49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.