At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
As Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for relationship management with stakeholders across all business units to align strategic needs with the portfolio roadmap. Based on global portfolio reporting, you will advise the core business and central corporate functions on real estate related topics in close coordination with the Head of Portfolio Management and the Head of Real Estate, the Head of Site Master Plan and the Head of Facility Management.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you will develop and coordinate the roadmap for the global real estate portfolio (global portfolio strategy). This includes the determination and coordination of the real estate requirements for the core business, as well as the execution of the governance function for the BI Real Estate Portfolio Data & Reporting.
- Besides that, you will identify risks, develop business cases and give insightful reports and analysis to outline supply scenario options for the executive level and final decision-making.
- In this context, one of your key competences will be the digitalization of data to build a data model for global Real Estate and Facility Management and to ensure optimal business-as- usual solutions through advanced analytics pilots.
- You will establish benchmarking standards within and from outside the organization by creating and maintaining an efficient network within the industry. In addition, you will attend relevant conferences to manage learnings.
- Finally, you will take over the lease administration to ensure data and documentation accuracy within the respective system.
- Master's degree in Economics and / or Data Science including relevant Real Estate experience; alternatively bachelor's degree with long-term practical experience within the relevant field
- Long-lasting practical corporate real estate experience, ideally within Portfolio Management, Benchmarking or Financial / Data Analysis
- Proven track record in a global corporate environment with different cultures, including development of portfolio optimization strategies
- Experience with various project management and reporting tools, paired with strong conceptual and organizational skills, as well as business acumen
- Solid exposure to authority inspections and customer audits
- Regulatory environment-knowledge (BI general policies, industry specifics and regulations, specific policies for procurement and sourcing, project management, etc.)
- Excellent command of the English and at least one other language is required
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: 49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.