Looking for a position where you’ll get the chance to contribute your own ideas, shape global processes and handle a wide range of legal affairs for a major international company while working in a dynamic online environment? Come to trivago as a Legal Counsel – Corporate/Transactional and join our vibrant, international team.
What you’ll do:
- Counseling on special projects, including high value strategic partnershipsand commercial transactions.
- Analyzing and crafting efficient transaction structures, working arm in armwith our strategy, tax, accounting and other functional teams.
- Negotiating a wide range of transactional documents, from NDAs to acquisition agreements and everything in between.
- Spearheading legal due diligence.
- Counseling the broader organization and business leaders on commercial and regulatory issues, including corporate matters, securities laws, and financial regulations.
- Providing assistance on corporate governance matters, including compliance with listing standards, drafting company disclosures and preparing legal materials for the board.
- Managing and interfacing with outside counsel, including managing a legal budget.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2. German State Exam in Law – completed with excellent results – or an equivalent qualification from another European Union jurisdiction, the United States or the U.K..
- Willingness to take on projects relating to a wide variety of corporate matters.
- Ability to manage projects independently and negotiate related agreements.
- Experience in corporate transactions, M&A, joint ventures, real estate, finance and/or capital markets.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience within an international law firm.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- An excellent understanding of commercial legal practices and a strong interest in how businesses operate.
- Motivation and a passion for law mixed with a pragmatic work style and eagerness to progress.
- Outstanding communication skills that allow you to interact with a wide variety of individuals and to convey legal facts clearly and simply.
- Hands-on mentality.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!