trivago is fully focused on the restart of the travel industry – the traveler mindset has changed and we’re at the forefront of adapting to this by reinventing our product and marketing efforts. We’re looking for an Art Director to drive the transition from channel delivery to a holistic brand communication approach. Together with the Creative Copy Lead, you’ll lead and inspire our creative teams.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing trivago’s creative output globally by defining and developing the new brand identity, ensuring it’s consistency across all our marketing channels. You’ll steer the creative development and execution of trivago’s brand communication across multiple channels, as well as the year-round campaigning – securing excellence in execution.
You’re a highly imaginative and effective manager of talent, driven by curiosity and fostering a highly integrated, people-centric, narrative-based and tech-enabled communication approach. You’re keen on marrying data and empathy as well as championing big ideas and bold actions.
What you’ll do:
- Define, develop and safeguard the trivago brand identity.
- Translate the brand strategy and business challenges into creative ideas and solutions.
- Drive the communication and content strategy together with the Copy Lead and Brand Managers.
- Develop holistic and channel-independent creative concepts, drive ideation and creative execution across all channels, working to ensure the output of the creative team is of the highest possible standard and contributing to our business objectives.
- Develop, steer and improve the creative process from briefing to implementation.
- Manage and inspire a team of multi-disciplinary creatives with out-of-the-box thinking to build and execute innovative work across multiple markets, reaching new heights and delivering on strategic goals.
- Plan and manage our creative resources and guide our external partners.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders within the Brand & Communication team as well as other Marketing Leads – acting as a thought leader around branding and communication.
- Respond to marketing performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and guide the direction of future creative output.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 6+ years in Art Direction roles with at least 1-2 years in a leadership capacity.
- Proven successful creative work – mainly on defining and establishing strong brand identity and developing impactful and distinct visual language.
- Experience in building brands and connecting brands with consumers through engagement channels.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams: producers, creatives and management.
- You’re highly imaginative, driven by curiosity and foster a highly integrated, people-centric, narrative-based and tech-enabled communication approach.
- Exemplary organizational and attention to detail, with solid experience of delivering multiple creative projects simultaneously.
- A desire and curiosity to work in a fast-paced online and data-driven environment.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in the travel industry and/or marketing to travel consumer trends.
- Knowledge of trending creative tools and programs.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!