Are you passionate about creatively using technology, and both learning new things, as well as going deep in the technologies you use? Do you want the chance to work with big data systems, operating at a very large scale?
Our data engineering team is looking for a skilled developer and expert on systems level who can help build and maintain our big data architecture. We want someone who can not only use but also maintain and further develop our big data infrastructure, with Hadoop at its core.
Interested? Apply today!
What you’ll do:
- As an expert in your field, you will design, implement and maintain data infrastructure, including the Hadoop ecosystem, Hive & Spark pipelines, Kafka, import / export tools, and related systems.
- Continuously improve our algorithms and approaches. On this note we encourage thinking outside the box and want our developers to challenge the status quo.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow good design patterns and architecture principles.
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to other software development teams, operations, product and business intelligence teams to define deliverables and plans.
What you’ll definitely need:
- A good foundation in programming languages and systems architecture, ideally experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Some experience working with Hadoop.
- An understanding concurrent programming and complex algorithms.
- Some experience with engineering and administrating distributed systems.
- Ability to model complex data structures.
- Some experience with cloud based approaches.
- An understanding of configuration management systems and their concepts for automated configuration. Knowledge of Linux / Unix helps in our environments.
- A university degree (Bachelor or Masters) in Computer Science.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!