In a time when the travel industry is drastically changing, we have the opportunity to help drive that change by producing innovative products that will meet users’ new expectations and needs by using our top strengths to our advantage: our ability to adapt quickly and to focus on our users.
We believe in achieving innovation through constant experimentation and we’re seeking a software engineer with the passion and motivation to help ensure that our global hotel search platform gives users a mobile experience that is unrivalled. Do you feel thrilled to broaden your experience on Android development while working on world-class products? Then read on!
Our current Android team consists of seven developers. We work with a modern, highly modularized codebase entirely written in Kotlin using MVVM and applying the Clean Architecture concept. We enjoy writing unit and integration tests so that every layer of our architecture has good test coverage. Our Continuous Integration pipeline runs on CircleCI and is integrated with SonarCloud to monitor our code quality. We love to experiment with new ideas and share knowledge through regular pair programming, weekly guild meetings as well as lunch and learning sessions.
If this sounds exciting to you and you think you can drive trivago’s Android app to the next level, don’t hesitate to apply!
What you’ll do:
- Develop new features for trivago’s Android app by working closely with Product Managers, Designers, QA and Engineers in our team.
- Collaborate with your fellow engineers in making architectural decisions, evaluating new technologies in the Android domain and maintaining a technical roadmap for our project.
- Actively learn and share your knowledge by reviewing and submitting Pull Requests.
- Participate in learning opportunities in our ever-growing tech-driven culture.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Proficiency with Kotlin, Git, the Android Framework and Android Jetpack.
- The motivation to stay up-to-date with software design and architectural patterns.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent experience.
What we’d love you to have:
- A challenging attitude to what’s in place, to push yours and your team learning to the max!
- Experience with Coroutines and Flow.
- The capability to write quality and testable code, while doing TDD.
- Experience on working on dynamic teams with agile methodologies.
- Understanding of functional programming concepts.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!