About the Job
At Sanofi Consumer Healthcare (CHC) , we have one shared mission - we work passionately, every day, to 'serve healthier, fuller lives' now and for the generations to come. In order to do so, we strive to act as a force for good by integrating sustainability along our business and employees' mission and operate responsibly from both a social and environmental point of view. Everything we do is centered around people's interests - our consumers, our customers, healthcare professionals, and our employees - across the world. We are building loved brands that serve 1bn consumers worldwide, through our key platforms: Allergy, Physical & Mental Wellness, Pain, Digestive Wellness and Cough, Cold & Flu. We aspire to become the best Fast Moving Consumer Health (FMCH) company In & For the world and we aim to build a work environment where people can thrive, grow, enjoy and be at their best.
This position will play a key role ensuring for CHC Tax accounting process are running both local and GBS level, focus on local tax compliance. This position is even more key by reason of the high complexity of the local environment in which the Local Tax Compliance Manager will have to operate, by reason of the local tax rules applicable as well as the particularities of the given Country / Zone, with a legal entity running multiple operations (possibly manufacturing and / or IP management). Lastly, the importance of this position is directly linked to the stakes of the given Country / Zone for CHC (significant value / growth business / important tax exposures).
A2R GBS Local Tax Compliance Manager reports to A2R local HFO and works closely with A2R Tax accounting team in the Hub, CHC A2R Closing and Reporting team, A2R GBS Country Senior Accounting Partner, Finance (Finance performance, Business analysis & Controlling, Treasury, Tax, Internal Control), IFSA, and other GBS departments.
A2R GBS Local Tax Compliance Manager will review and monitor technical process implementation, controls and compliance in all topics related to tax accounting and reporting
- Monthly tax closing and reporting activities as per group timetable in close collaboration with Tax accounting team in the Hub
- Perform tax calculations including indirect taxes (VAT, WHT, Intrastat and others), MyTax, country income tax, deferred tax calculation and preparation of tax returns in close collaboration with Tax accounting team in the Hub
- Tax reporting at Group and country levels review and submission with external support in some cases.
- Address operational issues and follow through to resolution in an effective and timely manner
- Perform operational KPIs and compliance with CHC policies and guidelines
- Supervise Hub tax accountants' work in their execution of local tasks
- Drive continuous improvement
Requirements and qualification:
- Graduate degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years experience in tax accounting preferably in an international multicultural environment
- Strong knowledge of the tax specificities of the given Country / Zone, in order to be autonomous
- Good understanding of GL Accounting, monthly closure and reporting activities
- Understanding of IFRS and local GAAPs
- Strong deductive and analytical skills
- Hands on knowledge of SAP ERP (iSHift, CEP) and other accounting applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and expertise of MS Excel
- Team player, able to work collaboratively transversally and with A2R front line teams with an end-to-end mindset
- Attentive to customer needs and feedback
- Ability to organize, prioritize and structure the tasks for oneself and junior accountants
- Attentive to detail and works with precision
- Action oriented, delivery driven, change agent
- Role model / coach to junior accountants
- Transversal mindset and ability to work across processes, geographies, languages, cultures, business maturity levels
- Fluency in English mandatory
Pursue Progress. Discover Extraordinary.
Wissenschaft weiterzubringen, ist unsere Bestimmung. Jeden Tag. Immer. Fortschritt gibt es aber nicht ohne Menschen - Menschen mit unterschiedlichem Hintergrund, an verschiedenen Orten, in unterschiedlichen Funktionen, die alle eines vereint: Der Wunsch, Wunder zu bewirken.
Bei Sanofi leben wir Chancengleichheit für alle, unabhängig von Alter, ethnischer Herkunft und Nationalität, Geschlecht und geschlechtlicher Identität, körperlichen und geistigen Fähigkeiten, Religion und Weltanschauung, sexueller Orientierung und sozialer Herkunft oder Familienstand.
In unserem ALL IN video sowie unter www.sanofi.de erfahren Sie mehr über unsere Programme für mehr Vielfalt, Gleichstellung und ein inklusives Arbeitsumfeld!
Werden Sie Teil unseres großartigen Teams!
Diversity und Inklusion sind in den Grundwerten von Sanofi verankert und spiegeln sich in unserer Arbeitsweise wider. Wir respektieren die Vielfalt unserer Belegschaft in Hinsicht auf ihre Herkunft, Erfahrungen und Lebensweisen. Wir erkennen die Bereicherung, die diese Vielfalt birgt, und fördern Inklusion sowie eine Arbeitsumgebung, in der diese Unterschiede sich weiter entwickeln können, zur Stärkung des Lebens unserer Mitarbeiter, Patienten und Kunden.