The University for Continuing Education Krems specializes in part-time academic continuing education. As a public university for continuing education, it works with its expertise in teaching and research to overcome societal challenges and tailors its study programs to address them. With 8,000 students coming from 85 countries, the University for Continuing Education Krems combines its many years of experience in university-based continuing education with innovation to provide outstanding quality in research and teaching at an international level. Situated 60 km from Vienna in the alluring world heritage region Wachau, Campus Krems is a highly attractive location.
The following position is available to strengthen our team of the Faculty of Health and Medicine/ Research Lab Aquatic Ecosystem Research and -Health:
University Assistant – Post Doc (m/f/d)
Advertisement No. SB23-0145
- Acquisition of third-party funded research projects
- Conducting research projects and writing publications in the field of aquatic ecology or ecotoxicology
- Support for and implementation of courses and supervision of students
- Presenting at scientific events/conferences
- Participating in relevant scientific international networks (e.g., GLEON, EFFS, ASLO etc.)
- Organizational activities in the Research Lab 'Aquatic Ecosystem Research and Health'
- PhD in the field of aquatic ecology, biology or environmental sciences
- At least 2 years of scientific, preferably international, research experience in the field of aquatic ecology, ecotoxicology and/or ecosystem modelling
- Strong profile of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals in the field of aquatic ecology, ecotoxicology and/or ecosystem modelling
- Good knowledge of ecosystem modelling and statistical analysis (GIS, R, etc.)
- Experience in submitting and conducting research projects
- Very good knowledge of English (min. B2) is required, basic knowledge of German (min. A2) is desirable
- Full-time (40 hours/week), initially limited to two years (extension possible after two years after fulfilment of agreed tasks), with a minimum salary of EUR 4,351.90 gross per month on a full-time basis (classification according to collective agreement of universities §49 VwGr. B1), willingness to overpay with corresponding qualifications and professional experience
- Innovative and modern working environment at the Campus Krems
- Possibility of home office and mobile working (max. 42% of working hours) and to work at the inter-university research centre WasserCluster Lunz
- Very good opportunities for further education within the framework of our own study programs, extensive offer of workplace health promotion as well as the University Sports Institute (USI)
Persons with disabilities who meet the required profile criteria are expressly invited to apply for this position.
The University of Continuing Education Krems sees high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and is committed to diversity as a guiding principle. At the same time, it aims to increase the proportion of women and explicitly invites qualified women to apply. Women are given priority if they have the same qualifications.
We look forward to receiving your online application by 30 September 2023 via our online tool via click on "Bewerben"!