Department: Quality & Innovation
Place of Work: This role can be based in any of the countries Light for the World operates in, subject to right to work eligibility in the respective country.
Duration: Full-time (40hrs/week), permanent
Salary: competitive, according to local NPO sector average and dependent on experience
Reports to: Head of Quality & Innovation
Starting date: As soon as possible
The Technical Director Humanitarian Action provides thematic thought leadership on disability inclusive humanitarian action for Light for the World. The role serves as thematic advisor to (senior) management, as a spokesperson for Light for the World on international fora regarding inclusive humanitarian action response, builds the capacity of (country) teams and partners, and advances programme development, innovation and evidence-creation to improve and uphold the quality of programme delivery and advocacy on humanitarian action, that is inclusive of and accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Strategic Advice: You shape the development of global and country level strategies, policies, plans and projects in providing relevant advice on disability inclusive humanitarian action, as well as develop and update the humanitarian action policy and thematic annual workplans.
- Representation & Advocacy: You participate in international fora on humanitarian action to expand the network of Light for the World in the humanitarian action field. Represent Light for the World and secure our reputation as a leading expert in the field by providing expert views and developing advocacy efforts.
- Capacity Development: You build capacity of Light for the World staff and partners on new strategies in inclusive humanitarian action. You engage with the work of external consultants on humanitarian action and support the implementation of quality assurance mechanisms at all levels.
- Programme Development, Innovation & Evidence-creation: You inspire, co-create and develop innovative projects for the further advancement of the body of knowledge on disability inclusive humanitarian action, establishing added value by Light for the World. You explore and develop innovative ways of working to improve the participation and inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Learning & Information sharing: You stay up to date with developments in the humanitarian action sector and cultivate innovation within the humanitarian action sector and at Light for the World.
- You bring professional experience in the fields of Humanitarian Action and Disability Inclusion. You have a good understanding for the UN system and the most important actors in the mentioned fields.
- You are familiar with the tools and standards and know the most important decision makers and networks.
- You are experienced in setting up strategies and encouraging innovation. You bring expertise in training, developing tools and adapting trainings to the needs of your audience for the sake of inclusiveness.
- You have a hands-on approach, proactive personality and are strongly motivated. You are solution oriented and bring excellent organizational skills. You are flexible and can adapt to various audiences and partners.
- You bring readiness for international travel up to 20%.
- You have excellent English skills; Other languages, e.g. German,French or Portuguese are an asset.
- You bring interest in Light for the World‘s mandate area and identify with our values.
- an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organization and to extend your professional experience
- a highly motivated, professional and diverse team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas.
- a competitive salary for the NGO sector, incl. full social insurance & other benefits
- flexible working hours with remote working options
- a friendly, dynamic and inclusive working environment
Please apply via clicking "Bewerben" below until 23 April 2023. We are looking forward to your application!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion in our organization. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, and we very much welcome applications from people with disabilities.
For any questions related to accessibility and inclusion at Light for the World, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.