People First - At Takeda we are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all people and bringing them the hope of a brighter future. It is our passion that transforms every job into meaningful action. Our people are the heart of Takeda.
Our team is growing and for this we need bright minds with creativity and flexibility – what talent do you have?
We are currently hiring for a Technical Support Engineer (m/w/d) on a full-time basis in Vienna.
In this role you will be responsible for providing technical support and assistance to users within the PDT R&D organization (Plasma-Derived Therapies Research & Development) in Vienna.
This includes troubleshooting hardware and software issues and providing technical advice on server administration and desktop support. Technical Support Engineer will also be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware, and software.
Your tasks in detail:
- Provide technical support and assistance to PDT R&D users via telephone, email, travel to remote sites, and other channels.
- Troubleshoot PDT R&D hardware and software issues, as well as network problems within the PDT R&D Labs.
- Install, configure, and maintain PDT R&D specific computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize server performance and security in accordance with Takeda enterprise security protocols and processes.
- Provide desktop support to PDT R&D users, including installing and configuring software and hardware.
- Coordinate Hardware Refresh initiatives with global DD&T team(s) to ensure minimal impact to PDT R&D operations.
- Organize integration of vendor devices (PCs, lab equipment, etc.) into Takeda network.
- Develop, document, and implement technology processes, policies, and procedures for the PDT R&D organization.
- Manage and maintain specific software licenses used by the PDT R&D organization.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to the PDT R&D organization.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of all data, digital, and technology activities.
- Answer user inquiries and provide technical advice on server administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with multifunctional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in extensive server administration and desktop support required.
- Solid experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.), as well as networking and virtualization technologies, is preferred.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell and Bash preferred.
- Certification in Microsoft Server Administration and/or Desktop Support preferred.
- German and English
Nice to have:
- Experience with pharmaceutical research and development processes and regulations preferred.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA, MCSE certifications preferred.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3 909,67 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, increased payment is possible.
Empowering our people to shine
At Takeda, we earn the trust of society and our customers through our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, Perseverance. We incorporate these values in everything we do. They represent who we are and how we act. They help us make decisions that we can be proud of today and in the future. We enable our employees to develop their full potential. As a global top employer, we offer exciting career paths, promote innovation and strive for top performance in everything we do. Takeda fosters an inclusive, collaborative and international work environment where our teams are united by their relentless commitment to our goal of improving people's health and creating a better future for the world. Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At our heart are committed colleagues. We offer interested people numerous opportunities and strongly believe in, and promote, diversity, equity, and inclusion. As a company we offer roles based on merit, welcoming candidates of any gender, age, religious belief, race or ethnic origin or disability.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool! (Please attach your CV in English)
For further questions, please contact: Natalia Sadowska / Talent Acquisition Partner
AUT - Wien - DC Tower