Technical Steward Devices (f/m/d), MS&T, Schaftenau, Austria
>150! That is the number of countries in which we reach our patients and are at the front line for biotechnological products. As part of the Manufacturing Science & Technology team you can make a difference to millions of patients around the world by supporting the life cycle management and continuously improvement of medical device or combination products.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be the technical specialist for devices and device assembly and packaging processes at DP Schaftenau for all assigned projects.
• Oversee processes and standards to maintain and improve existing and to implement new innovative manufacturing technologies for devices and device assembly of assigned products.
• Locally lead the knowledge of device assembly and packaging manufacturing process technologies.
• Collaborate with device development, other sites and global MS&T network to facilitate transfer of technical knowledge.
• Assure that the necessary benchmark is done internally in Novartis, and externally in the scientific and academic environment, in order to stimulate and to extend the knowledge, increasing the know-how of the associates and growing it to the rest of the organization.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• BSc. In Mechanical Engineering, Medical Device Technology, or equivalent engineering/scientific degree
• Minimum 3 years' experience in GMP manufacturing relevant to the specialist area of expertise, e.g. Process Expert role on the shopfloor of Medical Device Company and/or QA/QC
• Proven process understanding (Medical devices, GMP, Regulatory aspects)
• Sound experience of data handling and applied statistics is necessary
• Proficient in English and German
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is € 52.204,04/year (on a full time basis). In most cases, the actual salary will be higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network