Leading societies to a low-carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75.000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
To support our teams we are looking for a dedicated and motivated Interior Buyer to join us in our location in Vienna, Austria.
- Prepare and launch Request for Quotation with suppliers
- Lead project negotiation
- Monitor Procurement project QCDT (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Technology) & legal project evolution (First-Article-Inspection, Business Award, Product development)
- Ensure work package sheet commitment respect
- Prepare Business Award
- Follow and promote the Alstom Code of Ethics and adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct
- Coordinate project with all levels (Global, Regional, Local)
- Ensure the on-time delivery and quality are secured especially during the ramp-up phase of the project
- Consolidate the commodity needs, inputs
- Participate actively in commodity strategy and panel elaboration
- Provide imputes to build differentiation
- Support of Commodity Manager in the tender phase
- Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms, and solutions
- Ensure effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem-solving
- Support global supplier panel relationship
- Manage specific supplier panel relationships (negotiation, specific agreement, local supplier QCDT performances)
- Measure the supplier's performance and develop them in coordination with the supplier Quality Team
- Assess properly all risky suppliers and manage the associated mitigation plan
- Manage initial issues before escalation to the line manager
Competencies & Skills:
- Engineering or Business School Master Degree or similar experience levels
- Sourcing professional background (minimum 1-3 years) in direct materials (production)
- Fluent in English is mandatory, German would be a plus
- Teamwork skills and open-minded culture
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.