About the Role
74! The number of medical device projects in Novartis. Without a safe, user friendly, high-quality drug delivery system our patients cannot take their medicine. The global Device Compliance, Systems and Operations Team, part of Global Device & Packaging Development (GDPD), needs you to accelerate one of the most diverse and innovative medical device and drug-device combination product portfolios in the pharma industry.
A key focus for the Systems & Automation Lead - Senior Expert - Global Device & Packaging Development will be the design, implementation, and operationalization of end-to-end digital solutions across the entire device development community and beyond in Technical Research and Development (TRD) in line with organizational aspiration and working within cross-functional teams.
The role will have demonstrated experience in business process automations, change management, skills, and a knack to find opportunities that would drive improvements where possible, grounded in formal methodology where appropriate. By leveraging process, change and strong stakeholder management skills, the role will drive digitalization across department.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the efforts towards enhanced database systems and automation, for the technical development of drug-delivery devices and drug-device combination products.
• Represent the GDPD organization in TRD Data and Digital initiatives.
• Lead the development of business program strategy & IT capabilities for GDPD across all functions and sites and the preparation of project proposals for funding incl. business case and work with stakeholders incl. IT.
• Define and enhance solutions to support device development, understand system architecture and collaborate with software provider and Novartis IT; act as key user and introduce systems to community
• Enable data driven improvements to the development process as well as further the digitalization of the organization
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you will bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree essential. Master's or higher degree desirable, e.g., Engineering, Computer Sciences, Life Sciences or similar.
• Leading and influencing in global matrix organization; strong communicator & listener, actively reaching out, able to understand and connect across functions.
• Considerable experience with Product and/or Application Life Cycle Management systems.
• Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing digital solutions.
• Good understanding of data management concepts, architecture, and databases.
• Experience in data modeling & information structures
• Medical device development knowledge through university studies or direct work experience.
• English both spoken and written is necessary, German, and French a plus.
Desirable requirements (optional):
• Working with Siemens Polarion or a similar Product Life Cycle Management system
• Knowledge of regulatory standards for medical devices and/or combination products.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development opportunities as well as worldwide career possibilities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is €73,112.90/year (on a full-time basis). The actual salary will be significantly higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
We are open for part-time and job-sharing models and support flexible and remote working where possible.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive working environment and diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Adjustments for Applicants with Disabilities:
If because of a medical condition, physical disability or a neurodiverse condition you require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request as well as your contact information. The support which we can provide will include advice on suitable positions as well as guidance at all stages of the application process. Austrian law provides candidates the opportunity to involve the local disability representative, Behindertenvertrauensperson (BVP), in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network