Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Quality and Safety Manager (m/f/d) in Vienna, Austria
Support the Project Team, to ensure the project Safety, Quality assurance by coordinating all quality and safety activities throughout the project
- Be the interface with the Customer quality and safety teams
- Establish the Project Quality plan and ensure the proper application during contract execution by the contract requirements, and with the Alstom processes
- Contribute to the criticality assessment of sub-systems to ensure the right level of safety and quality assurance as well as inspection activities
- Be the preferable interface in the Project Team for all the métiers Quality needed for the Project (Engineering EQ, Industrial IQ and Supplier SQ)
- Guide project teams in understanding Quality contributions to the project.
- Animate and coordinate the project quality community (system and sub-systems)
- Support on request project audits, reviews and approval of vendor quality systems and audits compliance
Project execution controls
- Support the project teams and the Project manager to prepare gate reviews & follow up on related action plans
- Report quality and safety alerts and manage Non-conformities and Safety issues
- Ensure quality of the modifications made during the project
- Ensure that safety assessment is correctly implemented (i.e.: safety review) and prepare safety authorization.
- Control project deliverables compliance through inspection and audits - to authorize presentation/delivery to the customer
- Ensure that all the REX (Return of Experience) of all the métiers have been considered in the Risks & Opportunities and closely monitor to prevent the occurrence
- Ensure and improve the tender quality during the tender phase upon request
Measure and improve project quality performance:
- Facilitate problem-solving during the project execution phase to reduce the costs of non-quality (8D, REX and standards evolution)
- Improve the efficiency of quality teams to reduce the function costs
- Make sure that the relevant stakeholders are included in the Customer issues solving process (if needed).
- Implement an effective corrective and preventive action system
- Provide support for progress periodic reporting through quality indicators and identify improvement opportunities
- Master’s degree in engineering with Management background
- Experience in managing Quality tools and problem-solving tools
- Awareness of Processes and Products delivered in the project,
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in German
- Rigor, Communication, knowledge of Quality standards (ISO9001, IRIS, CMMI, ECM,.) and quality tools
- Experience in operational activities and documentation management
- Collaboration and team working
- Knowledge of the railway industry would be an asset
According to the collective agreement, the minimum salary for this position is € 2.886,72 gross/month on a full-time basis.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people is offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
We look forward to receiving your application by clicking on "Bewerben"!