2023 will see Sandoz become a standalone organization! As a global market leader in Generics and Biosimilar medicine, Sandoz is stepping forward from a position of strength! Those joining Sandoz in the coming months will help shape the future of the company, it's growth, innovation, culture and how Sandoz impacts the lives of millions. These will be careers with genuine impact! This is one such role!
Are you ready to make a difference?
Job Summary/Purpose :
- Key facilitator for defining, and implementing the Large Molecules network strategy, in order to achieve a competitive advantage in all aspects of Technical Operations including supporting x-Divisional activities, generate synergies and financial benefits across the entire network
- Supports the development, evaluation, assessment, co-ordination and execution of the strategic activities related to the build-up of the Large Molecules platform manufacturing network and the development of the strategy for the Large Molecules Technology Platform
- Key management responsibilities in driving an optimized network to ensure global business continuity and global capacity utilization
- Diligent execution of network build-up projects which encompass site missions and transformations, as well as platform driven transformational projects to achieve a fit for purpose/future TechOps/Large Molecules network.
Your Key Responsibilities
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports Head Product/ Project Management and Manufacturing Strategy in alignment and coordination of the partnership between Sandoz Biopharma and Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) on mid and long-term aspects of the collaboration
- Maintains oversight on external market and competitor manufacturing network trends to inform Sandoz Bio Network strategy
- Supports preparation of briefings and communication for senior management to report on the status of the alliance, communicates the strategy to relevant functions across technical disciplines, ensures high quality communication and project information flow
- Further supports development and implementation of the long-term Sandoz Technical Operations (STO) Large Molecules strategy and transformation, which encompasses, site setup, transformations, and integration of new sites and businesses
- Develops plans with key milestones and ensures co-ordination, oversight and monitoring of the plan and leads global and cross site strategic programs and projects in accordance with project commitments and in accordance with the law, internal regulations, good practices and business objectives
- Takes responsibility for project preparation with assessment of value and risks and with the calculations of human and financial resources needed,
- Acts as a key facilitator in the network strategy, leads and balances the Site build-up plans
- Supports preparation and execution of product portfolio strategic directives including supply network (launch site decisions and later supply points changes)
- Leads other initiatives related with product portfolio, productivity and costing aspects, site development & site strategies, network build-up supporting STO business objectives for supply, finance, quality and Health, Safety and Environment
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Technical/ Scientific (preferably Biotech MSc or PhD) and/or Business degree (MBA)
- High performing professional with strong leadership capabilities and a track record of successfully leading strategic and global / cross functional projects and teams.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity; ability to network and communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Broad understanding of technical and business principles and processes of biological manufacture and regulatory requirements attained in various functions / areas of pharmaceutical industry
- >6 years manufacturing/operations management experience, of this, >2 years within similar role and complexity; experience in Health Care / Pharma Industry preferred
- Extensive Project management experience, ideally with a leading strategic management consulting company, strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility, adaptability to change, agility and ability to work in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Business fluent knowledge of English (other languages are a plus)
- This opportunity is located at the Novartis site at Kundl. Relocation Assistance is not available.
Austria only: Minimum annual gross salary € 73187,94 (on a full-time basis)
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2021 and while we're proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could achieve here at Sandoz!
Join our Sandoz Network : If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Sandoz and our career opportunities, join the Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/sandoztalentpool