Senior Scientist Material Characterization (f/m/d), SDC, Kundl, Austria
500 million! That is how many patients we reach with our products every year, improving their lives. It is our aim to expand this to more than 1 billion - with your help and contribution as Senior Scientist (f/m/d) in our Material Characterization team. We support early stage development by analyzing finished dosage form composition, API stability, excipient compatibility, and more. If this challenge sparks your interest, send an application to join our team, and help us to achieve our aim.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, plan, perform and document scientific experiments for solid and liquid dosage form analyses with chromatographic methods
• Identify, organize and support external analyses for methods which are not available in-house
• Summarize, interpret and report scientific/technical results
• Assist solid state analytics (e.g. Powder X-ray diffraction, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Thermogravimetric Analysis, Dynamic Vapor Sorption, Infrared Spectroscopy)
• Participate in technical teams and fulfill assigned project tasks and responsibilities
• Support product development with scientific input and generate scientific documents to hand over to internal and/or external partners
• Assist in internal lab organization
• Ensure adherence to data integrity and company quality system requirements
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree or completed apprenticeship in chemistry or pharmacy or related science with focus on analytical chemistry or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience in pharma industry, preferably in analytical development
• Strong background in development and validation of analytical methods, ideally with hands-on experience in chromatographic methods
• Delight in hands-on lab work
• A deep understanding of pharmaceutical development requirements, analytical technological questions as well as scientific and process-oriented thinking
• Passion for supporting the international scientific team in solving pharmaceutical challenges
• Strength in organizational skills and proactive, agile work style with hands-on attitude as well as excellent communication and team orientation are essential
• Proficiency in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
• Experience with Empower chromatography software
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is € 49.804,58 EUR /year (on a full time basis). We also offer a potential market oriented excess payment in line with your experience and qualifications.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network