Senior Team Leader (m/f/d) Process Analytical Sciences, Technical R&D/GDD, Schaftenau, Austria
30+! This is the number of New Biological Entity and Biosimilar projects the Process Analytical Sciences Team in Kundl & Schaftenau is currently developing! Your laboratory team is key in developing New Biological Entities as well as Biosimilars by performing a wide range of analytical activities ranging from method development to process analytics and performance of stability studies.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• You lead and develop a highly motivated and curios team of technicians and scientists (up to approx. 10 associates)
• Your team is responsible for developing and performing a broad range of analytical methods using e.g., U/HPLC, CE & UV instrumentation
• Your focus is on rapid turn-around of ongoing analysis as well as on improving existing processes, driving harmonization, and identifying new opportunities for the technologies and processes you are working with
• Your team is responsible for planning, organizing, executing and documenting scientific experiments as well as evaluating and interpreting results
• You ensure excellent collaboration and be a reliable partner for our stakeholders
• Your team actively supports our Data & Digital and Lab Automation initiatives
• You support capacity, facility and equipment planning to enable successful execution on our biologics portfolio
• Assure all project activities are performed in a compliant way and in timely manner, meeting projects demands and timelines
• Ensure compliance of activities with quality (DQP), safety (HSE) and other Novartis standards
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Role model for unbossed, curious and inspired leadership at Novartis
• Empathic communication hero
• Sound technical & scientific knowledge of pharmaceutical development, analytical sciences, or equivalent
• People management experience
• Leading diverse and multifunctional teams
• Knowledge on Health Authority regulations
• Proficiency in oral and written English, German language desirable
• Experience with working in a matrix organization desirable
• University degree (Master / PhD or equivalent) in life sciences
• 5 years of proven experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• 2 years in a leadership position with successful performance and track record of leading teams
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is € 54.788,30/year (on a full-time basis). In most cases, the actual salary will be higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications, and individual competencies.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network