About the Role
Location: Schaftenau, Austria
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We apply innovative science and technologies like xRNA, Radioligand and Gene & Cell therapy to address some of society's most pressing healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to bring cures to as many people as possible. Without safe, easy-to-use, high-quality drug delivery systems our patients could not get their medicines. This is where you come in - the Device Technology Solution Center needs you as Medical Device Expert Engineering for the development of drug device combination products working alongside our dedicated, forward-thinking and diverse teams.
Our Device Technology Solution Center drives the technical development of drug delivery systems including auto-injectors, pen-injectors, needle safety devices, on-body pumps, inhalers and ophthalmic drug delivery. We closely collaborate with project management, human factors engineers, packaging experts, analytical testing, production, external partners, regulatory experts and many more. Our aim is to develop and/or integrate innovative drug delivery systems with the drug formulation and provide the necessary compliant technical documentation for health authorities and production.
• Support the technical development and life-cycle management of safe and user-friendly autoinjectors and on body pump systems as Medical Device Expert Engineering
• Design, plan, perform and contribute to project/platform related to scientific/technical engineering activities
• Manage project specific 3rd party activities and support the delivery technology lead. Act as a technical expert for device development and industrialization partners
• Create technical documentation of drug/device combination products and medical devices, following the design control process and applicable regulatory framework
• Support Regulatory Affairs to prepare medical device/combination product pre-registration documents and provides input to answer health authority questions
• Work within and contribute to broader cross-functional drug product development teams
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Degree in engineering (e.g. mechanical engineer, biomedical engineering), practical experience like an apprenticeship as a toolmaker or plastic molder would be an additional asset
• Good knowledge in CAD, tolerance analysis, six sigma methodologies, design for manufacturing and assembly
• First design change management experience and enthusiasm to support the maintenance of existing and building of new device platforms.
• Autonomous and independent working style with interest to work in medical device development and LCM
• Ability to interact with cross functional team in matrix organization
• Effective communication skills, incl. excellent technical writing skills, in English
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development opportunities as well as worldwide career possibilities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is €73,112.90/year (on a full time basis). We also offer a potential market oriented excess payment in line with your experience and qualifications.
We are open for part-time and job-sharing models and support flexible and remote working where possible.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive working environment and diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Adjustments for Applicants with Disabilities:
If because of a medical condition, physical disability or a neurodiverse condition you require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request as well as your contact information. The support which we can provide will include advice on suitable positions as well as guidance at all stages of the application process. Austrian law provides candidates the opportunity to involve the local disability representative, Behindertenvertrauensperson (BVP), in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network