University for Continuing Education Krems
The University for Continuing Education Krems specializes in part-time academic continuing education. As a public university for continuing education, it works with its expertise in teaching and research to overcome societal challenges and tailors its study programs to address them. With 8,000 students coming from 85 countries, the University for Continuing Education Krems combines its many years of experience in university-based continuing education with innovation to provide outstanding quality in research and teaching at an international level. Situated 60 km from Vienna in the alluring world heritage region Wachau, Campus Krems is a highly attractive location.
The following position is available to strengthen our team of the Faculty of Education, Arts and Architecture / Department for Continuing Education Research and Educational Technologies:
Research Fellow (PhD Student) (m/f/d)
30 hrs./week – Advertisement No. SB23-0175
The advertised position is part of the new HORIZON EUROPE project EffecTive (Efficiency and Effectiveness of Training for Teachers’ Pedagogical Digital Competence). The project aims to evaluate the effectiveness of training interventions for in-service teachers focusing on teachers’ pedagogical digital competence, implementation in classroom teaching and student learning outcomes.
- Planning and conducting empirical research studies to evaluate the effectiveness of teacher training
- Publishing research findings in international, peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Engaging in international research collaboration
- Pursuing and submitting a cumulative dissertation in the PhD programme Technology, Innovation, and Cohesive Societies within three years (duration of the project)
We require evidence of the following qualifications for the application:
- University Master’s degree in the fields of psychology, educational science, teacher training or related discipline
- Interest and demonstrated skills in using quantitative research methods (incl. familiarity with SPSS, R or a similar data analysis software)
- Good knowledge and demonstrated skills in writing scientific texts
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team of social scientists
- Excellent English skills (min. C1)
In addition, the following criteria are desirable:
- Experience in teaching or teacher training
- Experience in teacher- or school-related research
- Knowledge of the Austrian system of teacher continuing education
- Command of the German language (min. B2) is a plus
- Part-time (30 hours/week), in a project funded by third parties, initially limited until 31 December 2026, with a minimum salary of EUR 3,277.30 gross per month on a full-time basis (classification as a scientific project staff member according to collective agreement of universities § 49 VwGr. B1), willingness to overpay with corresponding qualifications and professional experience
- Innovative and modern working environment at the Campus Krems
- Possibility of homeoffice and mobile working (max. 42% of working hours)
- Very good opportunities for further education within the framework of our own study programs, extensive offer of workplace health promotion as well as the University Sports Institute (USI)
Your application should include:
- Cover letter (max. two pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Degrees and transcripts
- Two writing samples demonstrating the required skills (e.g., Master thesis, seminar paper, scientific articles, etc.)
Persons with disabilities who meet the required profile criteria are expressly invited to apply for this position.
The University of Continuing Education Krems sees high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and is committed to diversity as a guiding principle.
We look forward to receiving your online application by 23rd November 2023 via our online tool via click on "Bewerben"!