At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the full-time PROJECT INDUSTRIALISATION ENGINEER in VIENNA we’re looking for?
Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your technical expertise in a new cutting-edge field. You’ll report to Franz Santner, Services Engineering Manager, and work alongside passionate, motivated and flexible teammates.
You'll responsible to industrialize the maintenance, renovation/modernization or warranty activity at the Depot, Repair Centre or Production site(s) in order to secure the production deliverables. Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with teams across the business including other Project Industrialization Teams, Production Execution team, Industrial network, Apsys network, Sub-contractors, Supply Chain, Warranty Teams, Tooling Management or Project Industrial Data Management.
We’ll look to you for:
- Lead the industrialization of technical documentation, respecting the Standard Manufacturing Process & Standard Manufacturing Line guidelines, footprint
- Elaborate the required industrial deliverables: Macro-process, Work Instructions, implantation of the workstations, Bill of Material, Task Sequence and/or Standard Operations Sheet, Work Instructions, Method times, definitive Layouts.
- Provide inputs to Industrial means and tools requirements for project execution activities
- Implement the Project Make or Buy strategy in all deliverables
- Define and implement the training plan related to industrial topics and to Special Processes
- Validate on the field the industrial deliverables, tools and industrial means with maintenance execution (FAI)
- Respect the Industrial Planning milestones (followed by the IMFU)
- Establish Asbestos abatement, stripping, parts retention and hidden damage Industrial Processes
- Understand and support the implementation of APSYS subjects related to Industrial Roadmap
- Ensure Railway Safety and EHS, AZDP standards are respected
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- Technical education or understanding of Methods Engineering, writing and improving manufacturing and/or maintenance work instructions, line balancing, Lean Manufacturing
- IT literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- English and German fluency
- Experience in working with an ERP (such as SAP) for Bill of Materials, Routings, Configuration follow-up
- Working knowledge of Quality and Health & Safety standards and systems
- Flexible and Adaptable. Can adapt to new ideas, new issues
- Team Player. Supports team members, Spirit of “Team Trust Action”
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension)
- Company canteen & Meal allowance
- Easy public transportation access & Parking spaces nearby
- Flexible working hours, home office & Bridge Day regulation
- Local and international career opportunities, training & development
- Company events, Employee discounts & Shares purchase program
- Company pension plan, Parental part-time, 1-month paternal leave
- Company doctor & Health measures
The minimum salary for this position is € 41.400 EUR gross annually for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Important to note
As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.