Thales Austria is a full system provider and global supplier of train control technology and traffic management systems (f. ex. European Train Control System (ETCS), Electronic interlockings, Operation Control Centers and dispatching systems, Field elements).
In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for the development of our Railway Operating Management Center product. Your responsibilities will include the preparation of the configuration and station specific data of the product and preparation and execution of automated tests.
- Tool based preparation of stations specific data base
- Design and preparation of scripts
- Execution of test runs
- Report of test results
- Completed technical education (HTL, TU or FH), preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Railway Engineering or related fields
- 1st experience in software development and testing, incl. through internships
- Technical Know How in programming and scripting languages
- Knowledge of test automation is advantageous
- Outstanding analytical and observation skills, combined with a structured, accurate way of working
- Good command of spoken and written English and German (B2 minimum)
- Challenging, innovative, long-term projects in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
- The legal minimum remuneration for this position is 35.784 g.p.a (IT KV). Actual compensation is based on experience and qualification. A significant overpayment is expected and common practice.
Who we are
Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation. With 83,000 employees in 68 countries we create tomorrow’s key technologies today.
In the railway area, Thales experts architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. 72,000 kms of route and 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems.
As part of a global technology leader, Thales in Austria delivers key technologies in rail transportation, air traffic, digital identity & security and defence missions tailored to local needs with 400 people based in Vienna. With its unique combination of technology leadership, creativity and employee engagement, Thales in Austria has a key role to play in the digital transformation of its customers.
Whatever your role will be at Thales, your work will make a difference.
Thales Austria is committed to equality and diversity.
In particular female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Especially we appreciate applications from people with disability!