Place of Work: Vienna, Austria
Duration: Full-time (40hrs/week) or Part-time (30 hrs/week), permanent
Salary: Based in Vienna: EUR 44.800-50.000 (gross/year) , dependent on experience
Reports to: PPD Manager
Starting date: As soon as possible
The Programme Development Specialist drives donor engagement, consortium building and proposal development towards institutional donors and selected large foundations. Thematic focus of this role is on Inclusive Humanitarian Action. The role holder actively contributes to strategy development, planning and delivery of the overall work of the Partnership and Programme Development (PPD) Team and represents the PPD Team towards selected regional and thematic teams, to external partners and donors.
- You facilitate and coordinate the development of high-quality and proposals mainly in the area of Humanitarian Action in line with our thematic ambitions and partner’s priorities.
- You coordinate networking and consortium building with other INGOs, research organisations, social businesses, etc. for the development of joint proposals in the area of Humanitarian Action.
- You work closely together with respective Thematic Directors, Country Directors and other colleagues, to position Light for the World as a ‘go-to’ partner based on our strengths and areas of expertise.
- You lead the relationship building and partnership development with a growing portfolio of institutional donors, as well as with selected large foundations.
- You contribute to strengthening key processes and tools related to institutional fundraising and programme development and strengthen organisational competencies and expertise in institutional donor engagement.
- You bring established professional experience in proposal development for institutional donors. You are experienced in partnership building, programme development and donor engagement. Ideally you have already worked with institutional donors like ADA, BMZ, EU, etc.
- You bring strong communication and networking skills, are familiar with MS Office and ideally already worked in a multinational environment.
- You are open to international travel up to 20%.
- You bring excellent English and German skills; Other languages, e.g. French or Portuguese are an asset.
- You are interested in Light for the World‘s mandate areas and specifically Humanitarian Action.
- an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organization and to extend your professional experience
- a highly motivated, professional and diverse team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas.
- a competitive salary for the NGO sector, incl. full social insurance & other benefits
- flexible working hours with remote working options
- a friendly, dynamic and inclusive working environment
- Deadline for applications is 26 March 2023. Please apply by clicking on "Bewerben" below and uploading your documents. We are looking forward to your application!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion in our organization. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, and we very much welcome applications from people with disabilities.
For any questions related to accessibility and inclusion at Light for the World, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.