Manufacturing Unit Head (d/f/m), Oral Packaging FDF, Kundl, Austria
In 2023 Sandoz will become a standalone organization! As a global market leader in Generics and Biosimilar medicine, Sandoz is stepping forward from a position of strength! Those joining Sandoz in the coming months will help shape the future of the company, it's growth, innovation, culture and how Sandoz impacts the lives of millions. These will be careers with genuine impact!This is one such role!
Together we will shape the future of Sandoz... are you ready to make a difference?
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the Manufacturing Unit team to manufacture and deliver high quality and affordable pharmaceutical products (Penicillins) on time, every time, safely and efficiently
• Lead the operational excellence based transformative journey to improve the performance, productivity, quality in order to ensure the site competitiveness in the area of PVDC and aluminum/aluminum blisters, strips, sachets, filling of powders and tablets in bottles
• Develop and follow-up the medium and long term strategy for department in connection with the site strategy in order to guarantee profitability and meets the needs of the site and the company, in accordance with the strategic vision of the site and Sandoz Technical Operations (STO)
• Ensure overall financial and business performance, safety, quality, costs, supply and resource management (people, equipment, facilities, etc.) and represent this in the site leadership team
• Ensure the efficient distribution of the Unit's resources (CAPEX, OPEX, expenses, FTEs)
• Build/sustain strong network in and outside the organization and with the Operations Centers.
• Represent change and transformational leadership. Develop the talent
• Act proactively in building the culture to enable high employee engagement
• Promote and improve the safety and quality culture, by implementing the necessary systems and actions in line with the evolution of the site and ensure overall inspection readiness
• Explore the potential of data and technology to support transformation journey of the manufacturing site in-line with STO strategy
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Master degree in pharmacy, engineering, chemistry, biology or related; or completed vocational training with equivalent job experience.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in pharmaceutical or life science industry in a GMP environment, preferably in commercial manufacturing
• Min. 5 years' experience in operations management and execution
• Strong OpEx background
• Proven experience driving quality and compliance in an organization
• Qualifications in lean management, operational excellence certificate or comparable advantageous
• Experience in the management of large teams of very different competences, working in different shift models
• Excellent oral, written and presentational skills in German and English
• Objective setting and performance management, managing budgets, lean management
• Excellent negotiator, strong influencing and persuading skills, ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
• Adaptability, ability to work under pressure, collaborating across boundaries
• Expertise in organization dynamics and culture, ability to gain trust and confidence at all levels in the organization, leadership, and project management experience
• Ability to work independently and effectively in international, complex, and multifaceted environments
Almost 500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2022 and while we're proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
We are at a pivotal moment in our history giving us the freedom to invest in our future so we can continue to help millions of people access affordable high-quality medicines. Together we will shape the future of Sandoz, building an organization from the ground up and in return, experience an ambitious environment with impactful, flexible-hybrid careers, where diversity is welcomed and where personal growth is encouraged!
The future is ours to shape!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is € 80.433,64/year (on a full time basis). The actual salary will be significantly higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
Join our Sandoz Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Sandoz and our career opportunities, join the Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/sandoztalentpool