As a Manufacturing Scientist (f/m/x) you will support to ensure continuous patient supply for the products supported by the Manufacturing Science team in Vienna. You will support stable manufacturing processes, increase of process robustness as well as business critical programs to enable increase of yield and manufacturing capacity. We are looking for an excellent communicator with a passion for Biotechnology, optimization, and competence in statistics or in other forms of data analysis.
Your (new) Opportunity:
- Monitoring, controlling, and improvement of the manufacturing processes of assigned products
- Identification of process monitoring and yield trends and development of consequent measures to ensure stable manufacturing processes and yield improvement
- Lead or assist in deviation, complaint and failure investigations, product impact investigation, and root-cause analysis
- Evaluation of changes (manufacturing processes, analytical testing, and materials)
- Product related review and approval of manufacturing and validation documents
- Support of authority submission teams and responses to authority requests with process expertise and data analyses
- Quality by Design for legacy products, development of control strategy, PFMEA updates (after sufficient on-the-job training)
- Representation at internal and external authority audits
- Best-practice sharing with local and global teams
- Lab work is not expected
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Technology, or similar qualification
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in German and English, including experience in presenting complex topics in front of multidisciplinary audiences
- Experience in technical problem solving and statistics
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and capability to influence and drive change agendas without formal authority
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently while developing and maintaining strong communication with the stakeholders
- Innovative and creative thinking are a must
- A sense of humor and an ability to handle stressful situations will bring you a long way
- Solid working knowledge of current GMP and ICH guidelines would be an advantage
- Green Belt certification would also be ideal
- Experience in manufacturing of biotechnological products/plasma products or design of biotechnological processes appreciated
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work – life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.323,20 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Wien - Industriestrasse 72