About the role:
- Global Launch Management drives the execution of compliant, on time, product supply in support of Takeda’s launch pipeline and in alignment with Takeda’s growth objectives.
- Effectively lead cross functional Supply Chain Launch Team (SLT) for geographic expansion, meeting commercial ambition and strategic business needs.
- Implement standardized launch practices across organization in support life cycle management and product enhancement.
- Develop and execute detailed launch plan, partnering with internal and external teams and ensuring timely launch supply to commercial affiliates.
- Support Business Excellence Lead to drive Continuous Improvement, define and maintain governance processes, facilitate and drive business performance (KPI) across GSC Launch Excellence
How you will contribute:
Lead geographic expansion launches:
- Launch planning: Develop detailed launch plans in alignment with longer-term launch strategy
- Leadership: Lead international cross functional team in support of successful on-time product launch.
- Launch management & coordination: Manage & monitor launch execution according to a milestone-based launch plan for selected complex and strategic product launches in first and subsequent market expansion.
- Lead SLT to ensure product availability for launch.
- Partner with Product Operation Leads and other stakeholders to evaluate decisions of strategy relating to launch, develop launch scenarios, etc.
- Ensure SLT executes against Supply Chain launch plan as agreed upon and in support of the Global Supply Chain Launch Excellence KPI.
- Portfolio Management
- Launch readiness and data management: Maintain accurate launch milestone data in centralized Launch Portfolio Management systems
- Responsible for quality of the data, leading monthly and quarterly review of launch pipeline with key stakeholders.
- Support Global Supply Chain Launch Excellence KPI’s.
- Business Excellence
- Reporting and KPIs
- Launch Process Documents/Tools, GOPs & Governance Documents maintenance
- Supporting Continous Improvement initiatives as well as initiative spanning the product life-cycle
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Strong understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain processes in pharmaceutical industry
- Strong understanding of commercial processes & procedures
- Strong in project, program and change-management
- Understanding of organizational structure and internal and external operating models
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Strong ability to operate cross functionally, working with all relevant functions to launch a product, including but not limited to Global Functions like Strategy & Business Excellence, Global Logistics & Distribution, TPI-Z SC Coordination and local functions like local SCM, Manufacturing & Supply, Artwork Management, Tax, Legal, etc.
- Lead cross functional global or regionalSupply & Launch Teams in execution of Takeda’s strategy for the launch pipeline
- Significant accountability for the performance and results of Supply & Launch Teams
- Manages relationships with internal and external partners, understanding differences and managing expectations
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across organization.
- Strong capabilities to influence and drive for decisions in timely manner
- Global Supply Chain representative on the Product Team and Regional Brand teams (where such exist), providing input and driving decisions for development of products mid to long term
- Ability to identify risks/required escalation, while presenting clear options and recommendations
- Identifies opportunities and business needs, developing plans and championing the implementation of key business initiatives
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Drive process improvement through knowledge sharing, benchmarking and analysis of data
- Strong capability to manage & enable resolution of launch related issues
- Proved success in influencing, persuasion and gaining cross functional alignment and support
- Ability to simplify the complex operational information and drive decisions and outcomes with cross-functional partners
- Ability to compile and analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement and drive significant increases in process efficiency and effectiveness
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in in Sciences, Business Administration and/or Supply Chain management
- Min 5-8 years of prior relevant experience in Supply Chain operations
- Solid experience in pharmaceutical industry, with emphasis on Operational execution of product launch
- Excellent communication skills with all levels in organization and ability to develop rapport with Takeda leaders
- Knowledge of SAP, Master Data, and Supply Chain Systems.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AUT - Wien - DC Tower, Boston, MA