This is a vital role within Direct Procurement team of the Global Real Estate, Facilities, and Procurement (GREFP) organization and will report to the CapEx, MRO, Facilities, and Utilities (GMS/BioLife) Procurement Lead.
As a Global MRO, Automation, & 3D Printing Category Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy for assigned categories in accordance with business and fiscal guidelines for terms and conditions, quality, cost, and availability in meeting overall company objective. This individual will be the focal point for sourcing, contract development, and new supplier development as well as supplier management and supplier performance.
Accelerate value & make an impact by:
Category Management & Delivery (40%)
- Aligning with businesses and manufacturing sites, including local procurement, on functional strategies (Manufacturing/Engineering/Quality/SC).
- Combining internal and external information to develop innovative category/material strategies.
- Personally developing, leading, and managing larger sub-categories.
- Ensuring preferred supplier lists are updated and maintained for assigned categories/commodities/services.
- Initiating, leading, and standardizing market research activities within the categories: conducting industry analysis, analyzing global market trends, and monitoring supplier financial performance.
- Establishing relationships with key suppliers to leverage new technologies and processes.
- Developing an end-to-end category strategy with short-term, mid-term, and long-term improvement plans.
- Engaging in various activities, including market research, demand management, negotiation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Utilizing established tools/systems and adhere to policies.
- Monitoring category spend and evaluate options to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Reporting regularly on savings and price developments.
- Gaining management approval and establish cross-functional Category Management Teams (GCMT).
- Sharing success stories in procurement communications.
- Analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thinking.
Client/Internal Relations (25%)
- Meeting regularly with stakeholders (including Business and Site Procurement) to ensure alignment and gather feedback.
- Maintaining a high level of client focus and adaptability in a changing environment.
- Fostering close relationships with both suppliers and relevant client groups, optimizing value and service continuity.
- Demonstrating value delivery to VP/Sr. Dir/Dir level stakeholders to secure client buy-in.
- Engaging leaders to gain insights and perspectives.
- Tailoring services to align with business area needs, strategies, and priorities.
- Explaining procurement practices and the benefits to the organization, emphasizing Supplier Relationship Management.
- Upholding Takeda values in all relationships, including with suppliers.
- Improving business engagement and develop action plans where necessary.
- Effectively addressing urgent business needs.
- Supporting Inventory goals.
- Possessing knowledge of best procurement practices for the category/sub-categories.
- Collaborating with the business to co-develop and execute sourcing strategies, utilizing appropriate tools.
- Leading/supporting crisis management for supply issue resolution.
- Supporting technology transfer activities for Procurement and local sourcing upon request.
Processes, Metrics & Execution (10%)
- Reviewing supplier performance reports for quality, service, and delivery consistency.
- Communicating Supplier Performance Ratings (SPR) to suppliers and lead improvement programs for service and delivery, coordinating quality aspects.
- Tracking progress against objectives and providing audience-specific updates.
- Collaborating with Global Internal Audit and other functions to ensure policy compliance and audit remediation.
- Managing negotiation and contract processes.
- Ensuring timely procurement of contract services in collaboration with the client.
- Creating, prioritizing, and planning opportunities to achieve savings objectives.
- Following the Procurement Operating Model for disciplined execution.
Supplier Relations (15%)
- Fostering mutually beneficial partnerships with suppliers.
- Conducting business reviews and technical meetings with suppliers.
- Possessing knowledge of supplier technology, strengths, weaknesses, and future directions.
- Managing suppliers and material supply in complex environments.
- Supporting post-contract management and supplier relationship management with Global/Key suppliers.
- Ensuring ethical business conduct within Anti-Bribery and Corruption guidelines, reporting any improper practices.
- Collaborating with Supplier Quality to improve supplier performance and relationships.
- Promoting supplier diversity.
Risk Management (10%)
- Developing and implementing risk mitigation activities for items and suppliers.
- Creating risk action plans and prioritizing actions.
- Leading, supporting, or coordinating mitigation actions.
- Maintaining information in the Risk Management Tool.
- Assessing new items/suppliers and track data in the assessment tool.
- Aligning alternate sourcing or risk acceptance with senior management.
- Understanding supplier ramp-up capabilities and limitations.
- Managing D&B financial risk monitoring and the risk tool.
- Supporting the Supplier Notification of Change (SNC) process and leading supplier communication.
- Ensuring supply continuity through inventory coverage during Material Qualification.
- Assisting in issue resolution with suppliers.
- Conducting Risk Assessment/Due Diligence for new suppliers during the sourcing process.
- Overseeing Risk Management processes and providing consolidated reports to the steering committee.
- Initiating and coordinating Alternate Sourcing pipeline based on risk prioritization.
- Ensuring Risk Assessment results are integrated into Category Strategy.
- Engineering background and/or BA or BS
- 5+ years of sourcing/ procurement/ Category and Supplier Relationship Management experience in a regulated environment preferably in pharmaceutical industry or experience on the engineering side with equipment specification development and technologies evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability of end-to-end category management & change from a tactical fulfilment service provider to business partner status.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver value-added results to the organization by applying financial analysis principles and procurement discipline.
- Demonstrated ability of working with and managing cross functional teams in a global, complex, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization.
- Experience in working with different cultures/different hierarchy levels.
- Fluency in English
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Fluency in German
What Takeda can offer you:
- A flexible work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Continuous professional development and global career opportunities
- The opportunity to build next-generation analytics solutions
- A culture that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit, agile thinking, and collaboration
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. In Austria, the minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 5.222,35 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, increased payment is possible.
Ready to apply?
Go to takedajobs.com
AUT - Wien - DC Tower
CHE - Glattpark (Opfikon) - Zurich HQ