You are an essential part of the International Finance Team based in Vienna and work with colleagues globally. Your primarily focus is to ensure high quality financial planning and monitoring. And further automatize our financial processes and systems. A crucial role to ensure Light for the World remains in a healthy financial position and takes appropriate steering measures.
This role can be filled in full-time or part-time (70%-100%)
- You support cost centre responsible in quarterly financial planning & monitoring and conduct respective trainings
- You prepare monthly and quarterly reports and conduct variance analysis to feed into management and board reports and support financial decision making
- You further develop templates and reports in our financial monitoring system to ensure automatized and targeted reporting
- You are responsible to conduct the necessary analysis and standardize unit costs for all our countries
- You further strengthen financial processes and alignment between teams to improve efficiency
- You conduct capacity strengthening activities, through trainings and one to one session with respective colleagues.
- You will collaborate with an amazing group of colleagues, other teams, departments and our country offices in the South.
- You hold a diploma or bring experience in financial management, controlling or a related field
- You bring a strong analytical mindset to perform data analysis and a strong ability to graphically present data and financial figures.
- Working with accounting databases (e.g. Quickbooks and/or BMD) or planning software is no challenge for you, and you have a good knowledge in excel
- Your excellent English skills will support you working in an international environment (German is of great advantage, other languages, e.g. French or Portuguese are an asset)
- You are proactive, solution-oriented and eager to grow and make things work. Your intercultural communication skills and your motivation round up your profile.
- You are passionate about development cooperation and committed to Light for the World’s mandate and values.
- You join a highly motivated team, appreciating your experience and eager to jointly shape Light for the World’s monitoring and steering mechanisms.
- We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organization with strong expertise and a growing profile.
- We are committed to giving our colleagues space to explore new directions, test new ideas and to excel as individuals through and with their team.
- We emphasize a good work-life-balance, have flexible working hours and Home-Office opportunity.
- We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing and put emphasis on our culture of learning.
- For this position an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 49.000,- (based on 40hrs/week in Austria) commensurate with qualifications and experience is foreseen.
We are looking forward to your application by clicking on "Bewerben"!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion in our organization. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, and we very much welcome applications from people with disabilities.
For any questions related to accessibility and inclusion at Light for the World, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.