Finance Specialist with focus on Accounting (f/m/nb)
You are an essential part of the International Finance/ Accounting Team based in Vienna and you will work with colleagues from around the globe. You are primarily responsible for handling the accounting for several domestic and foreign associations of Light for the World International. This includes bookkeeping, processing of payment transactions as well as the maintenance of master data and adjustment /input of data into our organisation-wide database.
Another key area of responsibility will be the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports, as well as the preparation of yearly financial statements for the different entities. You will be the focal point in bookkeeping for all our international entities, and you will have a key role in the preparation of their financial statements. In this context you also take over the internal training of colleagues.
In addition, we expect you to actively contribute to the optimisation and further development of our Finance processes.
- Diploma in business administration, non-profit management or a related study with a finance-based subject
- Relevant professional experience in bookkeeping, accounting or tax consultancy, ideally in an international context, will be of great advantage
- Accurate working with financial figures
- Strong analytical mindset to perform data analysis
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience in working with databases, e.g. accounting (e.g. Quickbooks and/or BMD) or planning software
- Excellent English as well as German skills
- Other languages, e.g. French or Portuguese are an asset
- Proactive personality - interest to work in a dynamic environment, and to proactively provide input to shape future reporting processes and standards
- Solution oriented - able to act and react, even if limited information is available or the environment is volatile
- Ability to understand the specific requirements of programmatic and non-profit planning and reporting and address them
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment, strongly motivated and excellent organizational skills
- Interest in development cooperation and committed to Light for the World’s mandate and values
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation with strong expertise and a growing profile. We are committed to giving our colleagues space to explore new directions, test new ideas and to excel as individuals through and with their team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing and put emphasis on our culture of learning.
The location of employment is Vienna. The position requires a work permit for the EU.
For this position an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 39.000,- (based on 40hrs/week) commensurate with qualifications and experience is foreseen. Entry date: as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than September 15th 2020. Please apply exclusively online via our application tool. A complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please also refer to the salary information and let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Light for the World International
1120 Wien, Niederhofstraße 26