Who you are
To encourage existing customer to shop more frequently and in larger volumes, by offering and optimizing the best shopping experience through leveraging the home furnishing and in larger volumes, by offering and optimizing the best shopping experience through leveraging the home furnishing competence and commercial advantage of the IKEA concept:
• You have minimum 2 years of experience in E-Commerce or similar
• You have experience of working in a retailer environment as well as experience in digital range presentation techniques.
• Broad knowledge of direction setting, creation of strategic and operational goals and plans as well as follow up on KPIs & an overall passion for sales and reaching sales goals.
• Good analytical and strategic skills with ability to balance sales steering, range presentation and commercial priorities when merchandising the product listing pages & an extensive knowledge how to evolve product strategy based on sales, analytics and industry trends.
• You have experience in driving output within set scope and following up results, experience of taking commercial decisions based on market and digital knowledge, experience of online business, digital media and e-marketing techniques
• You are passionate about an omnichannel approach and driving change processes; also, customer-oriented service is at the center of your thinking
• You also have good knowledge of online commerce best practices in the local market as well as of managing digital assets with web design, range & merchandising techniques as well as of SEO and basic Customer Management System (CMS) skills.
• You have great communication skills, in both German and English.
In the role of E-Commerce Specialist, you are part of the E-Commerce Team. Strengthening the IKEA brand and increase online visits, engagement, and conversion is paramount. To achieve maximum sales growth and profitability in the E-commerce channel by contributing actively to attract and convert more consumers to customers:
• Your focus will be on creating strategies for your product range and implement them into our online channels as well as sales steering according to prior analysis. You'll be planning, servicing, optimizing, and developing your product categories based on business needs and aligned with the general commercial direction and seasonality
• contributing to defining forecast for sales and activity needs in range scope, with the larger Commercial team. Together with the Sales Team you will be responsible for reaching sales targets and support conversion rate and sales optimization
• continuously follow sales- and sales margin data and coordinate relevant stakeholders to decide on sales steering and identify needs
• You will gather and define relevant KPI's, forecasts, performance analysis as well as following up on them.
• You'll be contributing to optimize the range changes and offers in collaboration with respective Sales Leaders and work proactively towards stakeholders to secure correct fulfilment and forecast.
• You will create product management strategies and content supporting them as well as SEO texts for your product area.
• You will optimize the user experience and the customer journey as well as the easy buying process.
• You will contribute with insights to key stakeholders in the market and the global matrix on how to improve the omnichannel customer experience - you will support and back our omnichannel approach with taking analysis of shopping behavior, consumer behavior and the market into consideration.
Together as a team
At IKEA there are more than 200 different jobs, different work areas and every day is different. But no matter where you work, we can promise you one thing: A job with us is more than just a job.
Niels and his team of 7 are looking for support. Together you are responsible for the range and merchandise strategy in Austria. Like all IKEA employees, together you will ensure a great shopping experience for our customers.
We welcome all applications and especially applications from people with disabilities and people from different ethnic backgrounds. Please apply online and don't forget to include your motivation letter (we think that a good and interesting motivation letter often says much more about you than many degrees).
For this position we offer you a monthly gross salary starting from € 2.775,- (on fulltime base with an ALL IN contractual agreement). We are willing to pay more depending on experience and qualification. And we are happy to offer the option for job sharing.
You have the flexibility to work up to 2/3 of your time in home office. You can find out more about our benefits and development opportunities here: