AS&T Specialist, 50-100% (f/m/d)), DSS, Schaftenau, Austria
>1 tonne! This the amount of API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) which is produced per year in the site Drug Substance Schaftenau. The AS&T team is responsible for handling all analytical topics for our commercial projects.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support of Presentation and discussion of analytical data in international project teams
• Involvement in Life-cycle management of analytical methods, including control of method performance, pharmacopoeia compliance and definition of method improvement for all in-house and external analytical activities
• Support answering analytical questions from health authorities
• Assistance of management of follow-up-stability for drug substance manufacturing
• Involvement in cross-functional work with Manufacturing Science & Technology team, analytical development, production and regulatory departments
• Support for external QC testing sites including stability and contract manufacturers
• Possibility to work part-time (50-100%)
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Educational background within the pharmaceutical area (e.g. chemical laboratory technician or comparable training) with several years of experience in the field of instrumental analysis/ HTL degree/ University degree
• Knowledge of English: fluent in spoken and written, German is an advantage
• Proven experience in the pharmaceutical industry in an analytical or associated position, preferably in the field of applied protein analytics
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Independent working style and curiosity to learn more about commercial project management on analytical topics
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us!
You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development opportunities as well as worldwide career possibilities within the Novartis group. The actual salary will be significantly higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is € 54.756,38/year (on a full time basis). We also offer a potential market oriented excess payment in line with your experience and qualifications.
We are open for part-time and job-sharing models and support flexible and remote working where possible.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive working environment and diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Adjustments for Applicants with Disabilities:
If because of a medical condition, physical disability or a neurodiverse condition you require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request as well as your contact information. The support which we can provide will include advice on suitable positions as well as guidance at all stages of the application process. Austrian law provides candidates the opportunity to involve the local disability representative, Behindertenvertrauensperson (BVP), in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience