About the role
The global Technical Transfer team supports the development and launch of one of the most diverse and innovative portfolios in the pharma industry.
By managing successfully the transfer of device assembly and packaging processes from development phase into commercial operations, you will allow our organization to excel in the launch of smartly developed and competitive products.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical manufacturing expertise during device development stages.
• Translate device design output requirements into production site specific process and control parameters.
• Manage transfer of medical device designs to selected production sites within the Novartis network.
• Coordinate final product assembly and packaging activities to ensure supply of Clinical PhIII / HFE / Design Verification and Shipping Verification samples.
• Support Site Engineering teams in defining and qualifying assembly & packaging equipment.
• Act as expert on assembly and packaging processes during root case investigations.
• Provide expertise on device regulations.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• University Degree in engineering, pharmaceutical technology or similar discipline.
• Successfully demonstrated at least 5 years of related experience with medical devices/combination products.
• Thorough understanding of development processes, good knowledge of state-of-the-art technology/equipment, and knowledge of related basic regulations.
•Strong communication and presentation skills, strong project management skills and scientific/technical writing.
• Ability to operate in a matrix environment.
• Fluent in English, German beneficial.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development opportunities as well as worldwide career possibilities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is €73,112.90/year (on a full-time basis). The actual salary will be significantly higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
We are open for part-time and job-sharing models and support flexible and remote working where possible.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive working environment and diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Adjustments for Applicants with Disabilities:
If because of a medical condition, physical disability or a neurodiverse condition you require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please reach out to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request as well as your contact information. The support which we can provide will include advice on suitable positions as well as guidance at all stages of the application process. Austrian law provides candidates the opportunity to involve the local disability representative, Behindertenvertrauensperson (BVP), in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network