About the Role
Location: Schaftenau, Austria
We are seeking you to lead a Drug Product Science Team, a team of passionate people committed to our purpose - bringing medicines to patients!
Your key responsibilities:
• Lead and manage a diverse team with up to 12 junior and senior scientists responsible for formulation and process development including process characterization and process transfer to large scale manufacturing
• Ensure project deliveries, costs and compliance of the DP product development with the purpose of successful submissions to health authorities
• Contribute to the drug product development strategy and operational excellence in the drug product development team
• Drive people development including coaching and mentoring to build new capabilities, retain and develop talents
• Role model for and drive the Novartis culture of unbossed, curious and inspired
• Actively foster a strong collaboration approach within Biologics and engage with stakeholders, e.g. device development, commercial manufacturing, clinical development, supply chain
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Minimum of 7 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry, at least partially in the field of drug product development
• Excellent knowledge in the drug development process
• Proven track record in leading and engaging people in a multicultural, global environment
• Ability to build and establish strategy and vision in organizations
• University degree in technical or scientific area, preferentially pharmaceutics
• English spoken and written mandatory
• German desired
Why Novartis? Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You'll receive: You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is €73,112.90/year (on a full time basis). The actual salary will be significantly higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies.
We are open for part-time and job sharing models and support flexible and remote working where possible.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Adjustments for Applicants with Disabilities:
If because of a medical condition, physical disability or a neurodiverse condition you require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request as well as your contact information. The support which we can provide will include advice on suitable positions as well as guidance at all stages of the application process. Austrian law provides candidates the opportunity to involve the local disability representative, Behindertenvertrauensperson (BVP), in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network